Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RobertMcC
    Yeah its kinda useless. I never tried to use the bayonet to cut wire.

Mind you that vest got a bayonet frog for a M7 bayonet.

I wear the bayonet on the side and have a shingle in front for 2 more mags. Nice build. Those Elcans from CSC have the new tube (A3?), threaded for the ARD. My C79A2 has the older tube.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

joe6167 (06-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    I wear the bayonet on the side and have a shingle in front for 2 more mags. Nice build. Those Elcans from CSC have the new tube (A3?), threaded for the ARD. My C79A2 has the older tube.
    Yep, A3 tube. Nordic Marksmen has a few ARD's in stock.
    http://www.nordicmarksman.com/ARD-El...2-1-Black.html

I'm curious, how is the glass on the optic protected in the field? Any sort of cover etc.?
    Last edited by joe6167; 06-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    Yep, A3 tube. Nordic Marksmen has a few ARD's in stock.

I'm curious, how is the glass on the optic protected in the field? Any sort of cover etc.?
    There is a rubberized fabric cover that goes over. But mainly used for storage or people that barely use their rifles. But many years carrying one, I never had one issued, and just got exposed to the elements. Mud, dirt, sand, snow, rain..

It's a robust optic...Just heavy.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

firemachine69 (06-18-2018), joe6167 (06-08-2018)

Also, got a lead on replica Tri-Ad rails:

https://ctcsupplies.ca/products/bcm-tri-rail-mount

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...m-tri-rail.htm

[edit]: And for reference, here is an old listing with Nordic Marksman for some used CC and Diemaco Tri-Ad Rails:
    http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Diamac...ptor.html#nogo

[edit]: Feedback on the BCM Tri-Ad Rails:

Quote Originally Posted by -[Crosshair]- View Post
    The BCM TRIADs might actually be a hell of a lot better than the Colt Canada cast garbage TRIADs that shear and break often...
    Quote Originally Posted by ctcs View Post
    All BCM products are made in the US of A.

The tri rail is 6061 aluminum and is hard coat anodized
    Last edited by joe6167; 06-17-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

RobertMcC
    Never liked the Triad. Made the gun too front heavy.

The day I turned in my A1, or a A2.

And while on tour. ( had the ambi mag release and charging handle replaced with the A1 )

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

firemachine69 (06-18-2018), joe6167 (06-08-2018)

And from the aether, emerged a Tri-Ad rail! Note that there are no markings on the rail covers.

Triad- Copy.jpg

And, the story so far! There seems to be one piece missing from the puzzle...

IMG_20180617_153158025 - Copy.jpg

And some background regarding the colour of the buttstocks that I've gathered from similar discussions "elsewhere":

The only parts that were ever painted (in recent memory) were some skinny C8 handguards when the C8A3 with the green furniture started being issued. It was just a bunch of them, all newer handguards come in the green.

Some older stocks are indeed literally brown, it's just a colour that Colt Canada apparently used in the past in the early stages of the C7A2 mid-life upgrade. All the stocks that we order and recieve have been green for a hell of a long time now but there are still brown stocks in every vault because they have not broken yet so they haven't been replaced.

There were some very light Armalite green stocks without texturing in the past when the C7A2 was being born, some untextured brown stocks, textured brown stocks and then textured green stocks. I've seen all of these on C7A2s in racks at some point in the past.

TLR: Brown stocks were actually made and issued in the past.
    Could you use the taxonomy of "brown = early, green = late"?
    Definitely.

I 'need' to get my hands on an A3 tube now for my C7 clone.

I'm doing up a C8 right now, but it will not be a faithful clone. I have a new IUR lower and a surplus C8 upper (the bolt was marked 88AAetc so a nice 30 year gap between the upper and lower!), and I think they are getting a Boyds laminate wooden stock treatment.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

joe6167 (06-18-2018)

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Never liked the Triad. Made the gun too front heavy.

The day I turned in my A1, or a A2.

And while on tour. ( had the ambi mag release and charging handle replaced with the A1 )

Seriously cool man.

Few questions though... How on earth did you get a KAC M5 RAS while on tour with the CF? Let alone allow you to use your own gear like that? I've heard of guys buying their own stuff for minor weapon mods, slings, maybe even sights but a rail system? Isn't that considered like an armorer level mod in the army, I feel like they would never allow someone to do that unless you were a JTF secret squirrel in which case you could probably do whatever you wanted.

As for the tri-rail sucking... I have actually talked to the guy who designed the Tri-Ad rail, his exact words... "The CF wanted a $50 solution to a $300 problem", basically they wanted the M5 RAS but they didn't want to spend the money on it.

Also, what are your toughts on VFG's? I take it you didn't like the Cadex flip up one, but you do have a KAC foregrip on? When did you find that useful and what disadvantages was there of having one?

Oh and what on earth is that PEQ2 mounted to? Lol is that mounted to the wobbly plastic hand guard? How is that supposed to keep zero?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast