Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Have either of you read the post?

QUOTE=crazypunk1325;743018]he..his...man
    [/QUOTE]

Yes and? Considering 90% of people that post on gun forums are males, and I consider most people guys. Since many females don't post because, guys cannot seem to keep it in their pants, And make females awkward. The point still stands. They're not always going to be living in separate houses. And whats the point of calling him your fiance, if you live in separate houses, and not common law.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Beaver View Post
    You're not married, and you're currently not living together, I don't see why he needs to put anything on the form.
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    This
    If you haven't lived together in the past 2 years, then that.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post

Yes and?
    Simply put, the response was irrelevant.

Just can't believe how many people come on these forums and tell us about wives that don't like guns and they will do everything they can to stop gun buying/shooting sports. Then they come on here and whine about it. WHY DID YOU MARRY THIS PERSON IN THE FIRST PLACE. The relationships depicted in these threads seem to be swirling the bowl before they started. Didn't you people talk before you got married? I knew my wife loved guns about a week after I met her. If she was against anything I loved there is a good chance we wouldn't have been married for the last 22 years.

Amazed and just thinking out loud.
    Corey

5. The Following User Liked This Post By CoreyMac

Suputin (11-19-2019)

Yes and? Considering 90% of people that post on gun forums are males, and I consider most people guys. Since many females don't post because, guys cannot seem to keep it in their pants, And make females awkward. The point still stands. They're not always going to be living in separate houses. And whats the point of calling him your fiance, if you live in separate houses, and not common law.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it makes a difference to the young lady involved, her friends and especially her mother and father, it signifies that a proposal of marriage has been made, a big deal with some people, nothing to do with RPAL but likely pretty important to the couple involved

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Stew

awndray (11-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    My brother was divorced just before having to renew his PAL. He had to state that he was no longer married on his renewal.
    The CFO talked to his ex, and there was no issue getting his renewal. Had he lied about marital status I believe the outcome would have been exactly the opposite.
    I'm curious, why do you say that if he had lied about marital status it would have been opposite? I would suspect that they called his ex because he was just recently divorced and that's a flag for them. Otherwise, in my experience (and everyone I know) spouses/girlfriends do not contacted if it's status-quo and not a first time application.
    WEXIT

https://www.wexitcanada.com/
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Masks:
    N95 - Filter only inbound, not outbound air
    Surgical - Sterile environments only, clog VERY quickly in unsterile environments making them prone to hold viruses, not filter them
    Cloth - Completely useless...actually they do more harm than good.

Stop embracing the STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    WHY DID YOU MARRY THIS PERSON IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    And whats the point of calling him your fiance, if you live in separate houses, and not common law.
    These are the things that are really none of our business. Live and let live.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

10. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By DanN

awndray (11-19-2019), crazypunk1325 (11-21-2019), kennymo (11-20-2019), TheMerlin (11-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    Live and let live : The 180 degree diametric antithesis to liberalism
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 11-19-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Gunrunner

Scoutertracker (11-19-2019)

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    Don't want to make it everybody business and cannot handle the criticism, don't put your life/personal info on the internet.

And you need to live with someone to find out how they are. And if she gets her license and a firearm and they move in together and he has no interest. I can see a divorce and or domestic. But hey condone a statistic. Just because she can, doesn't mean she should. If anyone knows about mental status of people, it's me.
    Last edited by RobertMcC; 11-20-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Don't want to make it everybody business and cannot handle the criticism, don't put your life/personal info on the internet.

And you need to live with someone to find out how they are. And if she gets her license and a firearm and they move in together and he has no interest. I can see a divorce and or domestic. But hey condone a statistic. Just because she can, doesn't mean she should. If anyone knows about mental status of people, it's me.
    I'm not convinced there even is a "she" in that relationship, and that in itself may explain why they have to live apart. Judge not...
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By DanN

Magi (11-20-2019), TheMerlin (11-21-2019)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast