Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Spousal consent for PAL

Is it possible to achieve non restricted firearm license without of positive spousal consent? No criminal records or history of mental disorders presents.

You must/shall give the CFO the names of your spouse and recent lovers.
    As for if the CFO's office contacts them or not, it used to be they called all references (sometimes even for purchases "Miss, your husband is buying a gun, are you ok with that?"), but lately it seems they're missing some at PAL application checks.
    If the spouse says "no", the CFO will make a decision, which I would imagine would depend upon the nature of the reasons for the no.

Nonetheless, outside of CFO issues -- traditionally spouses live together, and when one objects
    - it might be better to get a different hobby, or
    - take the spouse to the range, perhaps on a Western day with a BBQ, so that many can assuage any concerns. (unrelated, I bought my gal a pair of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat and 1850's style blouse and jeans, and a leather holster)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    When my wife very weakly expressed her irrational (GTA born and raised) concern about me getting back into guns after a decade long absence, I made this statement. "I've been into guns a lot longer that I've been with you." and left it at that. No further objections, and after another 15 or so years of marriage, she realizes that guns are just objects like a car or a toaster.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

4. The Following 14 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

88 louie (06-09-2018), Aniest (11-20-2019), chrisc (11-20-2019), DuhBoredShooter (06-08-2018), kennymo (06-09-2018), Kenwp (06-09-2018), Neil Burke (11-19-2019), Relic49 (06-09-2018), Rory McCanuck (06-08-2018), ruger#1 (06-09-2018), Scotlas (11-20-2019), Sinbad (06-09-2018), Swampdonkey (06-12-2018), Swingerguy (11-19-2019)

Since we do not tell our so called better half about 99% of our purchases anyways I found it easier to just be single divorced living alone.

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Kenwp

doug skinner (11-21-2019), Gunexpert007 (11-18-2019), SIR VEYOR (06-09-2018), Soph (11-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    Since we do not tell our so called better half about 99% of our purchases anyways I found it easier to just be single divorced living alone.
    Yes, the 3 half’s Club.

I do know a few working on their 5 half’s. I’m starting to think they’re addicted to poor choices or can’t understand that leasing is better than owning if you’re putting a lot of miles on in a year. Easier to upgrade to the current models. And conversely, a few who seem to like collecting half’s...

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmytro Bryushkov View Post
    Is it possible to achieve non restricted firearm license without of positive spousal consent? No criminal records or history of mental disorders presents.
    My parents neighbor had no known history of mental disorders, and family didn't know he owned a gun. Till he took his life with it.

No, it's required. Something like this, you don't want to surprise your wife. Have you talked to her about it?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    When my wife very weakly expressed her irrational (GTA born and raised) concern about me getting back into guns after a decade long absence, I made this statement. "I've been into guns a lot longer that I've been with you." and left it at that. No further objections, and after another 15 or so years of marriage, she realizes that guns are just objects like a car or a toaster.
    You married a Torontonian? Eeeeew.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Dewey Cox (06-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    You married a Torontonian? Eeeeew.
    Ya Toronto. Eewwwwww!
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

Spouses do not want us to be out of home (fishing, hunting, ext.). My wife does not want me to be out of home. I am already angler, and she does not want me to start hunting too. Try to guess, how many tackle shops gonna stay in business in 2 years, if a spousal consent is accepted to be mandatory for receiving a fishing licence. Probably, very few! Thus, such wird requirement (does not exists in firearm licensing system in any countries of the world, which still allows own citizens to have firearms, even in Russia and Korea) is unreasonable and must be abolished! If I am allowed to have a PAL, I may spend approximately $400.00 for the hunting/firearm license and much more for shotgun and rifle. What profit is missed by government, if I am not allowed to spend this money for my dream? And if I am dangerous for public (no history of mental illness, depression, substance abuse or criminal record), why I am still allowed to be Registered Health Care Professional?

My dear friend, I am married twice longer that you did. I think, it is normal for common lady to deny her husband has a gun. But it is NOT normal to accept it as the law!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast