Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G19x anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    I know the Glock 19's had a leaf on them, but I do not think the 19x did.
    Yeah, come to think of it, that was probably a different model. I did a little searching and nothing came up about a leaf for the 19x.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

The Glock 19 with the maple leaf was a special edition gen 4 (separate from the 19X).

The 19X looks ok (and likely shoots no different). Good work on the photography. (What camera/lenses were you using?)

I don't know if you've shot Glocks before (like the Gen 4) but if you have, what do you think of the lack of finger grooves?

Personally I have no dislike for Glock, but I find them a bit pricey. (Kinda at the point where if I'm looking at a pistol I might as well go a bit further and get a Sig instead. Either a Sig 320 for maybe a bit more or go with something a bit higher end like the P226.)

The most time I've had on a Glock was probably a Gen 3, but it was stippled to hell and looked like the surface of the moon. I don't recall if that particular one had finger grooves, but I like that the 19x does not.

For price, I'm not sure I would pay full MSRP. I have a Sig 226 and I liked shooting it over any of the Glocks my friends have let me try. I also preferred my Walther PPQ.

But that being said, this one was made available to me through the IOP at a pretty good price so I grabbed it.

My buddy shot his and decided it wasn't bad and put it right behind his PPQ.

Looking forward to trying it out. I've always babied all of my guns, but I understand that Glock has a rep for working in the worst conditions, and still function when totally abused. I don't think I will baby this one, mostly because I didn't pay huge dollars for it, lol!
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

As with Glocks, I don't know the first thing about photography either, lol!

I used an Olympus Micro 4/3 which was given to me by a buddy, and I had a portrait lense my brother gave me.

I mostly take hundreds of pictures ans end up deleting most of them.

Soooo.....has anybody else gotten theirs yet? I haven't heard a lot of movement in terms of shipping or anything, other than the guns being paid for by customers. Are they actually in stores?
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Hasn’t been any action in this thread for a few months so I thought I’d throw in a comment. I’ve put about 1500 rds through my 19X, and it’s head and shoulders the best shooting Glock I’ve ever owned. It’s a big improvement in many areas; lack of finger grooves, much improved trigger, and the barrel is much more accurate.
    It took a week or so to get used to the proportions, but that was more visual than anything. It “feels” like a 17 & handles a bit quicker, like a 19. I hate the reduced capacity mags we’re stuck with, but nothing you can do, right?
    I’ve also heard lots of guys in the US are loving it for CCW, although I don’t know why. It wouldn’t conceal any easier than a 17, in my mind, but again, not something worth thinking about up here.
    Up to this point, the 19 has always hit the sweet spot for me, but the 19X put that to rest. I’ve got a 48 coming the end of next month, so we’ll see if it hangs onto top spot. Ihave quite a few friends down south who are blown away by the 48, and it should be a big seller here too, I expect

The Glock 48 will be here next month. Only $656 delivered. and with a thinner single stack frame. 10 Canadian legal rds.
    And with no little nubby barrel sticking out the end of the slide, like the Glock 19's.
    That's the deal breaker for me. It just screams "I'm an American wannabe, coping with oppressive Canadian gun laws".

After lots of delays and waaaaay too much fricken snow on the road into the range, I finally got out with my G19X.

I shoot from a modified Weaver stance with my elbow bent simply because it is the least difficult position from which to see my sights with some clarity through progressive lenses and safety glasses. What I found was that the 19X jammed consistently from that position: failures to feed, extract and eject...one after the other.

I shoot all my handguns in this fashion, including other Glocks, and have never had this occur. By way of comparison, I also shot a new to me Walther PPQ45 that afternoon without a hiccup.

I had some bulk ammo purchased from CanAm, Federal bulk ammo and leftover reloads from my bucket of odds and sods. There were plated, FMJ and lead bullets ahead of various powders (for the reloads). The one load I didn't have on hand was my current go to with a 124gr plated bullet ahead of 5.3gr of Power Pistol. That load is much snappier than what I was shooting this outing, with the exception of some lead loads with 4.7gr of Bullseye.

When switching ammo and trying all 3 mags that came with the gun didn't work, I decided to change my stance. I stuck my shooting arm straight out, locked the elbow and fired away. With the elbow locked, I was able to empty all 3 mags in succession without a glitch. So, it appears that the gun needs that extra resistance for the spring to work properly. I'm guessing it has a very stiff recoil spring and may need to be shot a bit in order for it to loosen up.
    Last edited by chuckbuster; 03-06-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Well, had a round 2 with the 19X. I must have shamed it into behaving as a Glock should when I put a magazine's worth of ammo it choked on through my 17 as a performance benchmark. Apparently that did the trick. The 19X was suitably embarrassed and ran like a champ with everything I put through it after that, including all of the ammo it choked on last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    Yes it is. I wonder why they didn't put the same cutout as the G17.

Concerning the odd proportions, I'm referring to the larger frame / shorter barrel and slide.

I'd probably go with a regular G19, if I was looking for a compact gun.
    They didn't put the same cutout as the G17 so that G17 magazines won't fit it... Therefore sell more magazines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast