Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3MT3A,

I agree with their theory when they proposed it. The NFA had been so partisan that it was obvious that they’d never be invited to the table if another party was in power. So the CCFR’s theory was sound that they would not support a party, because they wanted to be viewed as the objective of firearm laws. In practice, however, that theory was shot down in flames. Nobody in the Liberal Party or media saw the CCFR as objective, but as psycho gun nut NRA types who wanted 4 year olds to be able to buy machine guns at Shopper’s Drug Mart.

Like I said, I agree with the non-partisan theory, because it really is the best mindset to have, but if the other side has no interest whatsoever in agreeing to any form of in the middle handshake, then f*** them. We tried, and it didn’t work, so it’s time to pick a side.

If they’re not going to listen even when you’re objectively in the middle, then continuing down that path is futile.
    I have no signature block.

Petamocto, anyone who opposed the Liberal disarmament agenda would have been/is labelled as NRA by the Liberals so they can bleat about foreign influence. The CCFR was/is a step in the right direction and while they may have stumbled a few times due to the fact the organization is made up of mostly volunteers, they’ve been effective at education of our politicians. There is no way possible to be non-partisan when dealing with those hell bent on the disarmament of the Canadian public.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

3. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Swingerguy (04-10-2019)

I remember well when Rod was talking of doing things differently in a non-partisan way and chuckling to myself thinking, give it time Rod and you will be forced into a partisan corner by the Liberals. They (as a party) are ideologues when it comes to guns. They're really no different than say Wendy when she blocks any and everyone on Twitter and Facebook who posts dissenting opinions. She's not interested in a discussion. She's only interested in advancing her agenda and nothing said by anyone at any time is going to sway her. The Libs are the same. Sure they go through the motions and invite the CCFR to committee, but then they attack them there and otherwise ignore what they are saying.
    Pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    give it time Rod and you will be forced into a partisan corner by the Liberals.
    Remember the shock on Rod Giltaca's face, when at the House SECU Committee hearing on Bill C-71 last year (May 2018 ish), Liberal MP Peter Fragiskatos verbally 'attacked' Rod so relentlessly, not even bothering to ask a question, that it made the papers.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Doug_M (04-11-2019)

It was the Liberals that made it partisan, not the CCFR. The Liberals are the reason for its creation and its strength. It's kind of like the NRA going from running rifle matches to being what it is now after '68.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

BgDM (04-12-2019), Doug_M (04-11-2019)

I joined ccfr last week, I've thought about it for a few years, figured about time.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Greglc

3MTA3 (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    I joined ccfr last week, I've thought about it for a few years, figured about time.
    Actually it is well past time.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Actually it is well past time.
    Ya I know, will keep it up now that I have.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Greglc

3MTA3 (04-12-2019)

Minister of Silly Walks pewpew62's Avatar
    Because I am fat and lazy, I just throw money at the CCFR and CPC and hope they look after me.

Well that is something then, better than nothing- If we could get every PAL holder to throw some money at the CCFR,CSSA, and CPC, I am sure we would make incredible progress. If we all could get 1 new licensee, that would probably seal it. I will get one new Junior PAL this year- my daughter!
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast