Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Handgun Ban - Easily Accomplished?

Yes, it is!

Why?

Simply because firearms owners have, for at least the last half century, avoided the most important reason for use, carriage, and possession of any firearm - but especially handguns. Protection of life!

It gets worse. A Canadian hunting show refused to do a segment on handgun hunting, a segment that would have significantly increased understanding of the legitimacy of handgun use by the non-gangbanger. Why?

Because they didnít want to take the heat. What heat?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

2. The Following 10 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

awndray (09-03-2018), Billythreefeathers (08-30-2018), Bug Smasher (08-30-2018), Doug_M (08-30-2018), DuhBoredShooter (09-05-2018), FallisCowboy (08-30-2018), M1917 Enfield (09-04-2018), Magi (08-30-2018), Relic49 (08-30-2018), Soph (08-30-2018)

Yep I would have to agree with you .

What show was this?
    I kind of get it, Canada in the Rough and The Canadian Tradition seem to be on very shakey ground with the channels(aside from wildtv) that still host them.
    If it's one that's on wildtv only, there's handgun shows already on it, so they are just being ... you know.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

A handgun ban may be somewhat easy to accomplish. Keeping handguns out of the hands of CDNs will be much more difficult if not impossible.

Once the govt chooses to ban handguns they will lose any semblance of control over handguns in this country as the black market will simply explode.

6. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Billythreefeathers (08-30-2018), infidel29 (08-31-2018), Marcel (08-30-2018), shortandlong (08-30-2018), Soph (08-30-2018)

Oh look, a 3D printed Glock frame. So much for banning handguns.

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide...cent-22-glock/

8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Billythreefeathers (08-30-2018), ESnel (08-29-2018), lone-wolf (08-29-2018), Neil Burke (08-30-2018), Soph (08-30-2018)

Nice.
    I'm awaiting for people to design a new firearm, using 3d printer frames/lowers, and off the shelf components for the rest.
    The difference I'm thinking is that maybe you can design it so that the lower sees very little stress compared to current designs.

Maybe that already exists.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

A Glock frame is specifically designed to be plastic. While FDM process does have its potential drawbacks vs injection molding, the same plastics can be used and with careful tuning of the printer, clearly a workable gun can be fairly easily produced on an inexpensive 3D printer.

Currently, CAD skills and software are still needed as I am lead to understand the basic CAD model required some tweaking to get it to the point of being able to accept all the parts and survive live firing. Plastic printing is not the most dimensionally accurate process so clearances need to be adjusted.

Just for S&G's I went and found the very file the guy who made that receiver above began with. It didn't take too long to source those files. #internet #freespeach

NOTE TO ALL OUR GOVT MONITORS: Yes, I have the files and the software and the CAD skills but NO, I am not gonna print myself a Glock, because there is a bunch of CAD work and test printings required to get all the parts to fit and honestly at this time I have better things to do ... not to mention I already have a Glock so don't really need another one.

However, enact a countrywide ban on handguns and I just might reconsider it.

11. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Billythreefeathers (08-30-2018), infidel29 (08-31-2018), joe6167 (08-30-2018), lone-wolf (08-30-2018), shortandlong (08-30-2018), TheMerlin (08-30-2018), VooDoo (08-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    A Glock frame is specifically designed to be plastic. While FDM process does have its potential drawbacks vs injection molding, the same plastics can be used and with careful tuning of the printer, clearly a workable gun can be fairly easily produced on an inexpensive 3D printer.

Currently, CAD skills and software are still needed as I am lead to understand the basic CAD model required some tweaking to get it to the point of being able to accept all the parts and survive live firing. Plastic printing is not the most dimensionally accurate process so clearances need to be adjusted.

Just for S&G's I went and found the very file the guy who made that receiver above began with. It didn't take too long to source those files. #internet #freespeach

NOTE TO ALL OUR GOVT MONITORS: Yes, I have the files and the software and the CAD skills but NO, I am not gonna print myself a Glock, because there is a bunch of CAD work and test printings required to get all the parts to fit and honestly at this time I have better things to do ... not to mention I already have a Glock so don't really need another one.

However, enact a countrywide ban on handguns and I just might reconsider it.
    It's amazing what kinds of things your mind starts wandering to when the government wakes up one day and tells you "its illegal". It's almost like the government WANTS to create more of the very thing it tries to get rid of.

Imagine if the government passed a law saying that EVERY gun owner would have to complete an 80% lower. Can you just IMAGINE all the whining and complaining???
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Eff 'em, it isn't going to happen.
    There is a madness to my method!

The glock factory lowers still have integral metal rails. The gun pictured appears to be a .22 variant - anything else and that slide would fly off after a couple rounds.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast