Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chris Wyat was asked at the range operators meeting in Ontario If I live in the north and work in the south and my gun club is in the east can I take my gun with me to work and go to the range after. His comment was it sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By heatrguy

IJ22 (08-03-2019)

Nowhere in the law does it say you can't stop at work. The law speaks of the route, not the stops, including the length of time I'd said stop.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

IJ22 (08-03-2019)

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Nowhere in the law does it say you can't stop at work. The law speaks of the route, not the stops, including the length of time I'd said stop.
    I shoot every Friday.. Well almost every Friday now. Bunch of us we stop off at the Big stop after shooting. For a bite to eat and a coffee. It's basically at the end of the road leading to the range, and next to the off ramp to get back to the highway. One is a retired RCMP and quite by the law. If it was truly illegal. He would let us know.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

awndray (07-29-2019)

Exactly.

I shoot with a number of LEO fellas, both active and retired, traffic enforcement, ERT and white collar crime. They don't advertise their occupation, nor to they abuse their authority. They have a lot to lose by breaking the law.
    Last edited by awndray; 07-29-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Just received my RPAL renewal, came with the following transportation conditions. My previous simply stated something along the lines of special conditions may apply. So I guess no special ATT to take for service or to other ranges.

Special conditions

These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct for the specific intended purposes.
    Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited handguns (12(6.1) possessed for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges approved under section 29 of the Firearms Act.
    Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act or Part III of the Criminal Code.
    Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
    Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
    Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.

that is standard legal mumbo jumbo since I got my PAL.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

Yup. Standard legalese that most R/PAL holders throw out when they receding their card. There's a thread or twelve about it.

Did the change to the transport (STATT) in C71 kick in with the royal assent, or is that on hold until it's published in the gazette as well?

I know the verification of PAL is in limbo till then...
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

Quote Originally Posted by Run 'n' Gun View Post
    Did the change to the transport (STATT) in C71 kick in with the royal assent, or is that on hold until it's published in the gazette as well?

I know the verification of PAL is in limbo till then...
    The LTAATTC (long term automatic authorization to transport conditions) change is on hold until coming-into-force date is announced in the gazette.

As far as I know, the only thing that went live with royal assent was that Quebec could ask for the data. To my knowledge they haven't done that yet, but the Quebec Minister of Public Safety doesn't keep me in the loop.

Thanks RB, I thought that was the case.

I have a a couple of toys to take to the LGS, I wasn't sure if i needed a dam STATT for a 20 minutes show 'n' tell...
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast