Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    They don't check your license? That's what i'm talking about, not availability.
    I have an unlicensed acquaintance who used to get Pyrodex from Cabela’s and Wholesale Sports. IIRC they’d sell him a pound of black or blackpowder substitute, but wanted to see a PAL before they’d sell him smokeless. Not sure if that was store policy or law. Guy was buying it as he had a bit of a ‘blacksmithden’ streak.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I have an unlicensed acquaintance who used to get Pyrodex from Cabela’s and Wholesale Sports. IIRC they’d sell him a pound of black or blackpowder substitute, but wanted to see a PAL before they’d sell him smokeless. Not sure if that was store policy or law. Guy was buying it as he had a bit of a ‘blacksmithden’ streak.....
    Well Ontario sucks hard. As everyone well knows.

So the Blacksmith in him made them afraid. I see. That's good to know.

They did not check my PAL to buy a flintlock, but they did to buy black powder. I shrug. No idea.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

I guess i need to get out more. I know zip about Philippine Russians.
    I won’t elaborate. It seems I may have strayed too close to an infraction and the mods kindly took steps to avoid giving me a vacation from here.

So thanks for being on the ball mods!

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    I won’t elaborate. It seems I may have strayed too close to an infraction and the mods kindly took steps to avoid giving me a vacation from here.

So thanks for being on the ball mods!
    As opposed to standing on your balls.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

Hillbillyreefer (09-22-2018), Turtlehead (09-19-2018)

As opposed to standing on your balls.
    It’s all in the wording. If I stepped on my duck, so be it.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

Waterloomike (09-17-2018)

"...you do not need a PAL to obtain a hunting license..." Nope. You need a PAL only if you hunt with a firearm that requires a PAL to buy. No PAL require for a flinter. Totally different kind of hunting with a flinter. Moreso with a match or wheel lock.
    Black powder is regulated under the Explosives Act, which is administered by Natural Resources Canada. However, some retailers think you need a PAL to buy BP. Discussed on the Reloading forum in 2015.
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...hers-don-t-(-)

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

Well Ontario sucks hard. As everyone well knows.

So the Blacksmith in him made them afraid. I see. That's good to know.

They did not check my PAL to buy a flintlock, but they did to buy black powder. I shrug. No idea.
    Yes, I bought a flintlock rifle at Cabela's and they declined to look at my PAL. They said that a flintlock rifle was basically "nothing" under the firearms laws.

Very bizarre that they will sell you the rifle as nothing, but want a PAL to buy the black powder to shoot it.

Perhaps next they will want a PAL to buy the flints.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlow Knife View Post
    Yes, I bought a flintlock rifle at Cabela's and they declined to look at my PAL. They said that a flintlock rifle was basically "nothing" under the firearms laws.

Very bizarre that they will sell you the rifle as nothing, but want a PAL to buy the black powder to shoot it.

Perhaps next they will want a PAL to buy the flints.
    You can import flints directly from the U.S.A. without impediments. Probably from the UK as well.

Thomas Jefferson

You can import flints directly from the U.S.A. without impediments. Probably from the UK as well.
    Yes, Track of the Wolf will ship them, no problem, along with a bunch of accessories.

I believe that they will also still ship barrels without a breech plug, breech plugs & locks (either percussion or flint), the small parts, butt plates, and the stocks and ramrods.

So, since Track uses a system of separately available parts for their kits, you could order a rifle kit divided into separate orders, and then build it.

A complete flintlock rifle kit should still pose no legal problems in ordering since it isn't a firearm. A complete percussion rifle kit is another matter. A completed percussion rifle or a complete kit of parts is a firearm.

Pistol locks are simply smaller and some do double duty on pistols and rifles. And, tests have shown that muzzle loading pistols made with slow twists typical of cut down rifle barrels still retain excellent accuracy.

Do observe the legalities involved though. Muzzle loading pistols must be registered, even if you can build one from parts ordered separately, and even if you make the stock yourself from a blank.
    Last edited by Barlow Knife; 09-17-2018 at 05:12 PM.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Barlow Knife

Aztech Armoury will readily import for you as well.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast