Thread: Sig Kilo 2000

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

Sig Kilo 2000

I just ordered a Sig Kilo 2000. While I love my Newcon, I wanted something smaller that I could put in a pocket. I read a ton of reviews, and it seemed to be a good value for the money, and has the workings to range out past a mile. Has anybody else got one of these ? What are your feelings on it after using it for a while ?
    Thanks.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Never even heard of it before, but seems pretty capable given the price. Shall be interested in hearing how well it works in real life....

Quote Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
    Never even heard of it before, but seems pretty capable given the price. Shall be interested in hearing how well it works in real life....
    I haven't been able to find a single bad review on it. It's supposed to do reflective targets out to a range of 3400 meters. Half that for real world, and it's still good out to 1700...which is still pretty damned good for being less than 2/3rds the price of a Leica 1600. I got a really good boxing day deal on Ebay for a brand new one. Here's hoping it isn't somebody trying to pull a fast one. Their seller rating was really good, so I doubt it.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Well, will have to run some comparisons with it and both of our Newcons......might be the business!!

So how are these working out? Starting to think about upgrading from the Bushnell 1200 to something more serious. Because my brother in law invested in a bulldozer and I now have a much, much larger alfalfa field to hunt.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

what are the prices on these bad boys now?

About $800 at Cabela's, so probably 5-10% cheaper elsewhere.... That's for the 2200 which I assume is just a newer model with slightly improved specs?

"Maximum range is 3,400 yds. for reflective targets, 1,300 yds. for deer and 1,600 yds. for trees."

I don't know if I need all that, there's another model a step down for a little less. Just wondering if they live up to the hype. One of my big deer hunting areas is now wide open for a mile through the centre without much for landmarks. The Bushnell is pretty good on a bluff or tree line (especially white poplar) but can't read the claimed 300 yards on deer in anything but blinding sunlight and a near albino animal....

Plus I've got a hankering to try for 1000 yard shot and have probably got a place to do it safely now. It'd be nice to have a rangefinder I have a little more faith in for that.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

In bright sunlight, I can't get 1600 meters out of mine. I think the longest I've ranged at high noon on a clear day reliably was 1300 ? That being said, this is me just holding it up against a post, so it's still shaking a little and the gong was painted with white semi-gloss.

As soon as there's some overcast, or the sun starts to tone down a bit in the afternoon, I can get out to a mile. In dimmer conditions, it'll read stuff out further.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca