Compact binoculars

Who makes a good compact binocular? Something you can keep in a glove compartment or center console.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

I know you said binocular, but Vortex makes some really nice and handy monoculars, good price too

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

A monocular is pretty tough on your eyes if you are going to do any extended "glassing" as in hunting. A binocular works with the "binocular"human vision and this is far more efficient and effective than a monocular can be.

It depends on what you can afford and want to spend, but, your hunting optics are among the most crucial items of gear that you will have and this is one area where buying "the best" is money WELL spent.

The finest smaller, compact bino I have ever used, of many I have worked with, is the Leica Ultravid HD 8x32......MUCHO $$$$$, but, a lifetime investment.

Nikon 8-24x25mm Eagleview
    @ 24 they get real dim and you can see your say alot but hell what do you expect from a light wieght compact bino.

Dad used to have a pair of Pentax binos. They were tiny and indestructible. I think they lasted 15 years bouncing around the truck until they bounced out and got lost.

I bought my mother a set of compacts last year. I was looking at these vipers in WS which are a true 10x32 hunting bino:

But I bought her the 8x25 vipers which are tiny and great for a birding binocular or anything really lightweight. I don't have a picture of those myself, but they look like this:

Redfield Rebel 8x32 great glass at a good price and nice and compact. I now Cabelas has the 10x42 Rebel for 189$ I think the 8x42 retail for about 169$ last time I seen them.
    Last edited by superglide; 10-07-2013 at 12:22 PM.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By superglide

Swampdonkey (01-23-2017)

American Military M24 for pocket type 7x28, and Fujinon M22 for 10x50. Clear optics and a range finder reticle built in. Both have KillFlash available. Worth the $ in my opinion.

One thing I found with mini binos was that I could not get the lenses to spread far enough to line up with my eyes...made them pretty much useless. I guess my eyes are further apart than most peoples. Genetic defect.
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

PENTAX UP 8X25 WP BINOCULARS. https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-2...5-WPBinoculars

IMHO, best compromise between quality, function and price.