Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Decided that being pink is in
    The Liberals have the attitude "the results always justify the means", with the desired results being them in power. Once in power it's anything goes, because they are the "chosen ones". Their complete disconnect with the ordinary citizens is criminal. We need to kick these "criminals" to the curb hard in 2019. It would be nice to see them lose party status, like so many other Liberals have recently.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

Billythreefeathers (10-13-2018), Marcel (10-13-2018), stewbud (10-13-2018), Swampdonkey (10-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    I like Pierre Poilivre for smarts
    Yep. Good arguer for finding week spots. Interviews show he has a grasp of what could be done to improve.
    Having a good time, unlike justin in the House.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Waterloomike (10-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    I knew it!
    Don't hold your breath for anything significant. I caught a very well known Crown Attorney once that was buying drugs and covering for his dealer (convicted several times) with the police. So many critical cases hung on the Crown that they quietly suspended him, made his serve out a suspension and he's now back working again. This guy was so "above" it all he wrote checks to his dealer from his personal account. Dozens of them....I still have copies of the checks
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Strangeday

Swampdonkey (10-13-2018)

There are corrupt people working in all occupations ; but I do find it very annoying when cops get caught in criminal misconduct ; and then sit around on full salary , and try to stall their court case as long as possible , as they fill their pockets with taxpayer cash . This case will drag on for years , and even when convicted , he will claim PTSD , and get a slap on the wrist .
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Gunexpert007

Swampdonkey (10-13-2018), Waterloomike (10-13-2018)

I don't like cops how they are now.

Tripping on the "power".
    There is a madness to my method!

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Marcel

Swampdonkey (10-13-2018)

UPDATE - ADDITIONAL ARREST IN CORRUPT PRACTICES INVESTIGATION - York Regional Police - 2018 10 19

https://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/i...a-8195c28d768d

UPDATE - ADDITIONAL ARREST IN CORRUPT PRACTICES INVESTIGATION

Posted on Friday October 19, 2018

York Regional Police, in partnership with the Ontario Provincial Police, have arrested one of their officers in the ongoing investigation into corrupt practices which began in January 2018.

The investigation has revealed that an Ontario Provincial Police officer that is assigned to the Oxford County Detachment in Tillsonburg was using police databases to conduct unlawful queries. On Thursday, October 18, 2018, Constable Nancy ST- GELAIS was arrested and has been charged.

Charged:
    Nancy ST-GELAIS, 44, Town of Ingersoll
    Charges:
    Unauthorized Use of Computer

Constable ST- GELAIS has been released and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on November 23, 2018.

The investigation is ongoing. No further information will be released at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Les Titleman at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6049, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.

Marihuana isn't spelt like that.
    "...suspended with pay..." Is his permanent vacation. Like the Waterloo copper who was on it for 3 years while they fiddled around.
    "...Police do not need an R/PAL..." An RPAL has nothing to do with carrying, but a cop doesn't need one to possess an issued firearm while working. In any case, criminals don't get licences for their stolen firearms. And this guy was stupid enough to steal a Police Dept. owned shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Marihuana isn't spelt like that.
    The whole world might spell it marijuana, but Canadian legislators spelled [pun intended] out the crime using the less common marihuana,
    so it behooves police to use that spelling when laying charges, since charges (no big surprise) stem from the Act.

Quote Originally Posted by CannabisAct
    160.1 (1) The following definitions apply in this section.

cannabis  means fresh marihuana, dried marihuana and cannabis oil, as those terms are defined in subsection 1(1) of the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, and marihuana plants or seeds, within the meaning of those Regulations. (cannabis)
    [...]
    (3) A licensed producer may perform an activity under subsection (2) only if the activity is
    (a) performed in respect of fresh marihuana, dried marihuana, cannabis oil and marihuana plants or seeds that are cannabis and that are indicated in their licence issued under section 35 of the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations; and

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The whole world might spell it marijuana, but Canadian legislators spelled [pun intended] out the crime using the less common marihuana,
    so it behooves police to use that spelling when laying charges, since charges (no big surprise) stem from the Act.
    Is is a French thing to spell it that way?

No.

Health Canada provided this official explanation for its new alternating trend:

The common way to spell marijuana is with a j however, the legal name and the way it is used under the program is with an h. *As a result you will often see marijuana spelled two ways from Health Canada:

1)When referring to it in general terms j

2)When referring to the Program (Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulation).

"Marihuana with an h is one of a number of recognized spellings in the Oxford English Dictionary. While the spelling with a j has been retained in US statute, the h has been retained in European statutes, including in the U.K. and France. This is the spelling retained in Canadian statute.
    https://o.canada.com/health-2/mariju...-spelling-what

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234