Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    It's a very depressing thought that none of us has any falth in this government to be truthful and honest. Or truthful OR honest.

I wasn't able to see the current breakdown of the answers, are they showing it after you do the poll? Not that I believe they will be that open in their data collecting, but I am wondering if they show it if you are on a computer.
    I have faith in this government. Their intent is to disarm you, destroy your economy, enslave you with the welfare state, and abandon you to the tender mercies of a committee of unelected bureaucrats who will grind you under their heels while you blithely travel from one location to another in the world with no border controls but security screenings that rival a CAT scan for cancer.

Yes, I have faith in them.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

manic29 (10-12-2018), shortandlong (10-12-2018)

Response from Blair.

Dear Concerned Canadian:

Thank you for your correspondence concerning firearms.

The government has no greater responsibility than keeping Canadians safe. This is why the Prime Minister has asked me to lead an examination of a ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians.

I would like to hear your views. I invite you to read the engagement paper, Reducing violent crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons, and complete the online questionnaire – both available here – by November 10, 2018. Canadians’ views will contribute to identifying challenges and opportunities to help inform future measures aimed at reducing violent crimes in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

The Honourable William Blair, P.C., COM, M.P.
    Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction

My reply.

Sir,

“The government has no greater responsibility than keeping Canadians safe.”

Actually, the primary responsibility of government is to protect the rights of Canadians.

This government is failing miserably. Especially on the firearms file.

Current law, and proposed bans, are a vicious violation of the rights of every Canadian to life, liberty, security of the person, property, and arms.

Yes, property and arms. Rights recognized and protected in common law for centuries.

And yet, this government disarms the folk who are victimized by armed thugs in their neighbourhoods, then moves to ban more firearms, ostensibly because of those same thugs.

That is a disgusting negligence of your duty to protect their rights.

Or is it criminal contempt for them?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12