Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmalis View Post
    I have 2 nightfirce scopes right now. I run a 4-14 SHV with FFP on my hunting rig in MOA with and MOART reticle. It is my favorite for hunting.
    I also have a B.E.A.S.T. on my 338 Lapu AI with the same reticle that I might send back to get a horus type reticle put into it.
    i'm reading about FFP VS SFP. i think i'd prefer having the crosshair keeping it's size at any magnification VS a crosshair kind of enlarging at the same rate as the magnification increase. i'm guessing that at higher magnification , the SFP let you fine tune you shot better maybe , because THE dot isn't covering a larger part of the target like a FFP does ,henjce the kind of consensus about trying to keep the magnifying as lowest as possible with a FFP.......of course i'm no expert,i'm learning the ropes of the many different reticles available ,and i try to understand how to choose . i see i'm a long way to go........

......as for nightforce, it,s really my 1st choice. however, along my research , i learned that the thing to keep in check is litterally the glass themself; seems like NF don't provide the same exact quality glass from batch to batch.it's been discussed in lenght on sniperhide and sniper central ; while nothing that would cold shower my decision because what really count to me is the exact repeatability,and reliability . however, with the price asked for the one i want, i think that i ow to myself at least giving some thoughts about a slll....as of right now, there's more chances than not i will end up with a NXS 5.5X25X56 illuminated ....

honestly,if i was 100% set on the reticle i need,the purchase would already be a done deal.

edit: after looking at the vid couple times, the MOA-H is really growing on me.instead of turning the knobs, you just use the different dots nwich allows you to keep the '''standard''' zero@100 at all time.
    Last edited by glockfan; 10-18-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

I have nothing bad to say about Nightforce and I am definitely not a brand loyal fanboy.

Sfp is only true at a certain magnification. So a 24x scope is only 1 MOA per hash mark on 24 power. It is 2 moa at 12x and 4moa ar 6x and 8moa at 3x and a lot 9f math at 5.465x.

A ffp is true at any magnification. The hash Mark's are always at 1 moa. The downside is your reticle gets smaller and the reticle design is generally thicker so u can see it at the lower magnification.

FFp is good for shooting multiple shots at different distances and magnification. Sfp is more of an every man's deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12