Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    No coffee though...
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    No coffee though...
    Maybe instant sprinkled on the food as garnish? Does this mean meat and salad for breakfast too?
    CSSA CCFR

Eggs, Smoothies, Oatmeal, etc.
    And I can still have Tea, so at least I'm not completely cutting out my morning caffeine haha

Thank god thats over with, love my morning coffee haha

So instead of opening up a new thread for one question, I figured I would write it here. I'm having a tough time deciding between two choices as my first firearm. The two I have had my eyes on for some time have been an AR15 (DD preferably, but if none available I would go Stag), and a Glock 17. Now I'm back in school, so it has to be one or the other for now due to budgetary concerns. Just curious which you guys would choose, and why. I'm looking for something that the fiancé can learn to shoot, and will offer a relatively enjoyable first experience. The reason I don't just go Norc is due to my firm belief in buy once, cry once. I would like a gun that will last me for a long time to come, and can be used in courses, should I decide to take them in the future.
    I would love to hear your guys feedback and ideas.
    Thanks

The only problem i have with an AR is that they are resricted. I like to hunt and all my range shooting is on the range in my back yard. Handguns i won`t say to much about as all i have is a Browning Nomad and a D weeon 357 and don`t get them out much. My choice of a semi auto 223 was a Kel-Tec, buddies have mini14 and csz vz58.
    Last edited by road kill; 01-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.

You'll probably get more responses with a new thread? Time will tell I offer the incredibly boring, but financially astute,non restricted .22. No recoil to scare the fiance with, cheapest of the cheap to load, fun with ballistics at a reasonable range, lots of different configurations to buy it in, you can find them used for quite a deal, everyone should have at least one...my 2¢.

Having said that, between your two choices, I'd get the....yah I dunno, like road kill said, both restricted, and if money's an issue(when isn't it) you get to add two range memberships onto the cost? If you're set on those two ask your fiance which one she likes more('cause you want both), get her out trying some in your area?
    CSSA CCFR

Stuck at the range? Probably the glock + a .22lr conversion(if the conversions are reliable)
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Stuck at the range? Probably the glock + a .22lr conversion(if the conversions are reliable)
    Or a CZ with the Kadet adapter?

I'd lean towards the lowly rim fire. If you want something with a little more horsepower maybe a .17HMR or a .22 magnum.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

Token Female Moderator Candychikita's Avatar
    gah. glock i had one and i sold it.

for what it's worth: go for a .22 you can shoot more i spent way too much money on 9mm ammo learning . don't bother with the glock with a .22 conversion when you can pick up a .22 cheaply to learn on. the new gen 4 is not any easier on the female hand than the older generations despite all the hype...actually injured my hand on the glock.

is there a place you can go to try out different guns or do you have a friend with a large arsenal? it's a shame you can't try before you buy a firearm at the stores.

when you have your fiancee shooting, post up some pics we are the only unisex gun forum with a decent female photo thread

Permanently Banned
    my wife grew up on a pig farm shes got a better shot than me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast