Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So a thought to my above post.

For guys, remember you're playing with fire when you mix romantic relationships with private gun ownership.

That's not to be discouraging - but I personally got burnt and I know a few guys that got burnt too and also had their guns taken away due to a messy breakup/divorce.

With a fiancée in particular, it's NOT enough to just get her into shooting. You HAVE to get her into understanding and accepting what the lifestyle of gun ownership entails. Sadly - it entails the possibility of armed government raids on your private property and the threat of jail-time over victimless paper-crimes (at worst). That said, it also entails the possibility of being part of a very exciting and fun community which I honestly belief offsets the risk of government violence (at best).

What I would also recommend is to get involved with an active club that has large events for membership - matches, fun shoots, BBQ's, fundraisers, etc. This is a bit of a generalization, but I think women are generally more community minded then men are, so it really sets their minds at ease about something seeing other's (and particularly other women) doing it too.

Moreover, with a wife/fiancée ALWAYS build and maintain that relationship above any and all other relationships. Make it the priority and if it ever seems like it's in jeopardy, do everything in your power to restore and rebuild it.

For me personally, I KNOW if I ever lose my wife, I lose ALL my guns (and I have a lot of guns). As seriously as I take gun ownership - I take my marriage even more seriously.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 03-31-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    "Father Time is undefeated. He's lost to nobody. Not even Mother Nature."