Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 B.M.G. View Post
    It is the new laws of physics at work here. If a gun doesn't shoot well them fake up an excuse for it.
    I’m worried that might closed to the truth than anyone thinks. He hasn’t posted any videos of himself shooting well.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Camo tung (11-11-2018), no-one special (10-13-2019)

I’m not so sure anything could be considered the ultimate sniper rifle.

Based on what criteria? Accuracy alone isn’t enough, because you could build a 50 pound rifle that’s a laser beam.

The “ultimate” sniper rifle would have to be a balance of accuracy + reach + weight + follow up shots + report all in one equation, and no rifle can be great at all of those.

Semi auto counts for a lot, but it adds weight and above 7.62 and a certain magnification it’s almost pointless because your field of view for the recoil is too thin.

The thing about snipers is that you don’t have to have just one wonder gun to do everything, because you generally have a #2 with an AR-like suppressed platform to handle everything close up.

We just held the annual Canadian International Sniper Concentration at the Infantry School, and it was fascinating to watch different types of teams attacking the same problem differently.

If you could just have one gun that had to do everything, though, it would be have to be a semi-auto between 7.62 and 338 Lapua because one is too little gun and the other is too much gun.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

Based on what criteria? Accuracy alone isn’t enough, because you could build a 50 pound rifle that’s a laser beam.

The “ultimate” sniper rifle would have to be a balance of accuracy + reach + weight + follow up shots + report all in one equation, and no rifle can be great at all of those.

Semi auto counts for a lot, but it adds weight and above 7.62 and a certain magnification it’s almost pointless because your field of view for the recoil is too thin.

The thing about snipers is that you don’t have to have just one wonder gun to do everything, because you generally have a #2 with an AR-like suppressed platform to handle everything close up.

We just held the annual Canadian International Sniper Concentration at the Infantry School, and it was fascinating to watch different types of teams attacking the same problem differently.

If you could just have one gun that had to do everything, though, it would be have to be a semi-auto between 7.62 and 338 Lapua because one is too little gun and the other is too much gun.
    I don't know what type of performance people really get from the memo omen in 300win mag, but if it's what the manufactured claims it to be, I'll drop 10k on one in a heartbeat if it were non-restricted in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 B.M.G. View Post
    It is the new laws of physics at work here. If a gun doesn't shoot well them fake up an excuse for it.
    It would help if the excuse made at least a shred of sense. Cause otherwise it just attracts attention to the thing they are trying to hide.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Suputin

no-one special (10-13-2019), Waterloomike (11-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

Don't know that I'd necessarily agree.

Semi-autos are less accurate, more complex and less reliable than a comparable bot gun. The entire point of being a sniper is to not be seen and to not take too many shots from the same spot. Also taking shots from distance greatly reduces the need for quick follow up shots.

While I get that 7.62 is a current military caliber, it isn't the best long range caliber. Smaller bullets with higher velocity are more effective downrange, have a flatter trajectory, a longer supersonic envelope and are easier to shoot due to reduced recoil.

Other than the rare ultra long range shots, a caliber the size of 338 LM is too much. It is hard on the barrel, hard on the shooter and requires a bigger and heavier platform to lug around. I'd suspect the vast majority of sniper shots are taken well within the performance envelope of 7.62 rifles.

Industry expert
    Sorry I miss typed. Excessive pressure and velocity spikes caused reduced accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLine View Post
    Sorry I miss typed. Excessive pressure and velocity spikes caused reduced accuracy.
    And how do you know there was excessive pressure and velocity spikes?

Industry expert
    Actually in the other video you are referring to. It was the rifle shooting innaccuratly it was compared to another rifle and the grouping of the other rifle was decent considering it was minus20 degrees and the ammo was loaded for the rifle that shot terribly. If you’re going to be a ATRS troll maybe get your facts right

Industry expert
    What would you like the name of the video to be?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLine View Post
    Actually in the other video you are referring to. It was the rifle shooting innaccuratly it was compared to another rifle and the grouping of the other rifle was decent considering it was minus20 degrees and the ammo was loaded for the rifle that shot terribly. If you’re going to be a ATRS troll maybe get your facts right
    Me? An ATRS troll?

I could not be the furthest thing from that. Trust me on this. I would NEVER in a hundred billions years troll for them. Not even if a gun was put to my head would I troll for them.

As to a video? No idea what video you are referring to.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

Drache (11-08-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast