President Trump fired AG Jeff Sessions. Replaces him with Meuller critic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/polit...ign/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Wednesday fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"At your request I am submitting my resignation," Sessions wrote in a letter to White House chief of staff John Kelly.

Matthew Whitaker will take over as acting attorney general, the President said.
    Whitaker is expected to take charge of the Russia investigation and special counsel Robert Mueller from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Whitaker has been openly critical of Mueller and the investigation and Democrats immediately called on him to recuse himself, just as Sessions had.
    "We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well ...We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well! A permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date."

LOL.

All those plans the Democrats were cheering about last night about House committee investigations and subpoena's for this and that now they are in charge just got flushed down the crapper.

If Whitaker doesn't end the investigation/fire Mueller, he's probably at the very least severely reduce its scope.

3. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By soulchaser

Billythreefeathers (11-07-2018), FallisCowboy (11-07-2018), firemachine69 (11-07-2018), joe6167 (11-07-2018), killer kane (11-08-2018)

Decided that being pink is in
    He may not control the Congress, but he does occupy the oval office, has control of the senate, and a majority in the supreme court. 3 out of 4 is pretty good.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

joe6167 (11-08-2018), killer kane (11-08-2018)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    did I ever mention that I loved politics
    CSSA

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

Doug_M (11-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    did I ever mention that I loved politics
    The most expensive circus you'll ever see - the show had damned well better be good!
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

9. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

Billythreefeathers (11-08-2018), Camo tung (11-08-2018), Doug_M (11-08-2018), FallisCowboy (11-08-2018), killer kane (11-08-2018), R&R Rancher (11-08-2018), Waterloomike (11-08-2018)

Thinking about this, here's what I think will happen.

Whitaker is now overseeing the investigation.

He will get everythin Mueller has and tell Trump. If it's nothing, Trump will let the investigation continue with regular, like daily updates from Whitaker.

If Mueller has the goods on Trump or a member of his family, he'll rush an appointment to be the new, Senate confirmed AG who will kill the investigation.

If that happens expect the now Dem controlled House committees to call Mueller to testify.

There are no goods to be had. Everything Mueller has found has been unrelated to "Russian collusion". There is also no law against "collusion" anyway. Its a Dem witch hunt designed to bring as much embarrassment to the Republicans as possible. If Mueller can catch Trump in a lie (on record) then that would be a bonus for them. But that isn't going to happen because Trump isn't going to be interviewed by Mueller.
    Spread the word on petition e-2341 (Democratic process). Send people to http://oneclearvoice.ca which takes them directly to the petition.