Walk me through a possible purchase

ok.

Gunbroker has something I want...ummm, would like to have.

Restricted rifle.

I buy it from the seller.... and tell him what? Hey, I'm Canadian can you.....ship it here?

What do i do? or what does he have to do?

I tell him where to send it. Where ever that is. That's cool.

How does Aztech know what is coming and it's for me? (psst, your website is kinda lacking)

Someone wanna hold my hand.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Call them?

Irunguns has a little write up on this . I would think Aztec or others would be close to the same

https://www.irunguns.ca/content.php?page=import-process
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

If the seller is in the States they'll have to ship the firearm to a FFL licenced dealer, Americans can't mail directly to each other like in Canada. Aztech Armory has such an operation,in Arizona i think.

The seller would go to his local FFL guy who would send it to your FFL guy ie Aztech in Arizona who then arrange to get it to their place in Canada and from there mail it to you.

+1 for a step buy step “purchase from a third party and have AA export/import for me” tutorial...

I will gladly make a post to walk everyone through how the process works. It will be part of our main forum! I will have to write something up! Stay tuned!

Cool Hand holding :-))

Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    ok.

Gunbroker has something I want...ummm, would like to have.

Restricted rifle.

I buy it from the seller.... and tell him what? Hey, I'm Canadian can you.....ship it here?

What do i do? or what does he have to do?

I tell him where to send it. Where ever that is. That's cool.

How does Aztech know what is coming and it's for me? (psst, your website is kinda lacking)

Someone wanna hold my hand.
    Before you start sending any money over 1) tell the seller that you are Canadian and will have a FFL dealer in Arizona take care of the export. Surprizingly, some sellers don't want to deal with Canadians, sometimes out of spite I found or they worry about payment. 2) Make sure that whatever firearm you want to bring in is includuded in the Firearms Reference Table. I suggest a phone call or a text message to Aztech. 3 and optional) If you are buying some big name brand like Colt or S&W you are ok but if you are buying from some small scale operation, ask if they have export licence from the State Department. If they don't, the firearm will not be cleared for export.
    After you pay, you go to Aztech's website and purchase export service (whatever you need) like you would any physical item and pay for it through a check-
    out. There is a comment section during a check-out process where you need to provide Aztech with seller's and firearm info (I am sure Darius will fill you in on what specific things they need to know). Then Aztech will send/fax/email their FFL licence information to the seller. If it gets emailed but seller didn't get it tell them to check Spam folder as for some reason emails from Aztech may end up there.
    Once everything is good the seller with ship the item(s) to Aztech in Arizona. A word of caution, 1) there is something finicky about Aztech's shipping address and when creating a shipping label with USPS the seller may run into a problem of "non-deliverable address" even though it is deliverable. So if that happens and your item has to be shipped by another courier, make sure seller indicates a Signature Required option for the parcel. Personally, I think it's a good idea to make sure they do it for ANY courier they use. 2) Now, it's completely up to you but I strongly suggest that you make sure your item is insured for the full purchase price through the courier. Some "bigger" sellers may even provide their own lost/stolen insurance.
    Ask the seller to include a brief note indicating that the shipment is for (insert your name & Aztech order#). You could also/instead text message Aztech with the tracking number and courier information.
    One other thing I would mention is observing export dates. I am not sure how far in advance your item could be stored with Aztech. Darius, if you could chime in on this.

I think that's basically it. Have your wallet ready!