Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    4.8oz doesn't strike me as overly light; that's .3 of a pound.

I know ATRS makes good stuff, though, so I'll keep them on the list unless I find another brand that's lighter.

I know it may sound petty, but if you start thinking a couple ounces don't matter, you end up with a scope, rings, rail, barrel, etc that all weigh a couple ounces more than they need to, and you end up with a rifle that weighs a pound more, which is very noticeable walking with it for days.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I want to get the lightest ones possible to keep to my goal of an 8.0 pound rifle including scope, .
    Good luck, this is mine naked and fully loaded and it was pretty expensive to build. Don't even wanna know how much it would cost to get it that light. But our stupid 18.5" rule doesn't help either.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By DILLIGAF

Jayrl (02-10-2019), lone-wolf (01-18-2019)

If a gun is too heavy then don't buy it. At my LGS the owner told me a few guys have already been "lugging" them in the field and none have reported a hernia issue.

I can't say I can keep any rifle to the shoulder while roaming the woods for long, even a light one, so a little heavier rifle on my sling will make little difference I hope.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty ó and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

What does everyone think of Stag 10S 22" 6.5 Creedmoor
    as opposed to 308 that most posts in this thread seem to be talking about?
    I recall reading that in 6.5 creedmoor it was more accurate, and to a lesser extent also better hunting rifle.

I don't know if all 308 mags will feed 6.5 creedmoor -- do any?

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I recall reading that in 6.5 creedmoor it was more accurate, and to a lesser extent also better hunting rifle.

Should still feed from the same mags with zero issues. I’d be more concerned about chasing my brass down with the creedmore

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post

From what I hear at my LGS the Creedmoor is a slow seller and probably because countless people don't want another cal. to reload. More accurate, well maybe but I didn't buy it for a hunting rifle and I can always find .308 should I need to and that has to be factored in.

I've got a guy lined up to sell me a Faxon 20" pencil barrel so I'll save 1/2 pound there.

My brand new 10S/MLOK is going to arrive in a couple days, is anyone building a Stag 10 who wants the stock 20" barrel? (I'm keeping the cage).

Send me a PM and we'll work out the right price, likely a few hundred-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Good luck, this is mine naked and fully loaded and it was pretty expensive to build. Don't even wanna know how much it would cost to get it that light. But our stupid 18.5" rule doesn't help either.
    I see that you have the lighter rail, but what else did you do to lighten it up? Do you have the Faxon pencil? Yours looks pretty thick, mid-weight if not heavier?

I also think that the Magpul stock is going to have to go, as they don't make light stuff. I recently got the Magpul stock for my 10/22, and it's absolutely awesome shape-wise and quality-wise, but it weighs 3x as much as the OEM Ruger plastic stock.

After I get the light barrel, I'll look up light stocks next. I've heard of people going to light BCGs as well, but I'm not sure that you'd save that much. Ounces are good, but grams may not be worth it.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 01-21-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Sooo, I totally got fooked over on this deal.

The guy was selling it as the "improved MLOK" model with Hogue grip, which would lead any rational person to think it was the 10S and not the GI.

What I received was a total home build. It has a Hogue grip, alright, and a handguard that has some MLOK rails on it, but it looks nothing like the 10S MLOK model.

He never once suggested that it was a home build, and just repeatedly used the "improved MLOK" description. Buyer beware, I guess.

There's nothing wrong with the gun, it's just not the 10S I wanted and it's far heavier.

I'll be putting it up for sale because they guy said he's already spent the money, so look for it here on sale for cheaper than my CGN price.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Sooo, I totally got fooked over on this deal.

The guy was selling it as the "improved MLOK" model with Hogue grip, which would lead any rational person to think it was the 10S and not the GI.

What I received was a total home build. It has a Hogue grip, alright, and a handguard that has some MLOK rails on it, but it looks nothing like the 10S MLOK model.

He never once suggested that it was a home build, and just repeatedly used the "improved MLOK" description. Buyer beware, I guess.

There's nothing wrong with the gun, it's just not the 10S I wanted and it's far heavier.

I'll be putting it up for sale because they guy said he's already spent the money, so look for it here on sale for cheaper than my CGN price.
    You might be better off just to buy a receiver set and build exactly what you want. I'm looking at doing that to build a lightweight Stag 10 for hunting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast