Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Moved this to modern military rifles, battle rifles is more SKS, M14, etc....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Other people are telling me that it's a gas issue and a relatively simple fix, but I am very upset about a new $2500 (after tax) gun needing any work at all.

It should work perfectly out of the box, and others have said that they've tried multiple mags and it doesn't matter; it's the gun's fault.

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using a Raptor SD charging handle that has little ports on it, apparently for use with suppressors.

Before I return the gun I'm going to see if the OEM cocking handle fares any better.

Next time at the range I'll try multiple ammos, multiple mags, and mutiple handles.

If the Stag still doesn't cycle properly, I will return it and swear a jihad against the brand, as a result of never before being so disappointed.

I've never had a brand new gun fail to work before, let alone for this price.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Petamocto :
    Please go to the youtube video in post #72. One of the youtube comments says

travis pastrauna
    1 month ago
    All I had was problems with mine came right from arms East with a gas block loose only shot 40 rounds until it became a bolt-action gun, realign the gas block but now I can only get a hundred or so rounds out of it before I start jamming and I have to clean it, also the forward assist was out of spec and they had to send me a newone. I'm going to return the whole rifle but they told me they're only going to test fire 30 rounds and if it works send it back to me what a joke it should run for hundreds and hundreds without having to clean it. Also I'm using quality .308 ammunition. I can't believe my $200 SKS and $600 Norinco M14 can both easily run 500 rounds Plus and are so much more reliable than a $2,000 rifle

Bob,

Thanks for finding that feedback, and I'm hearing more and more anecdotal cases like this.

If it doesn't matter which magazines or ammo or cocking handle I use, I am going to make anti-Stag posts on every thread I ever see.

After I return it for a refund, obviously. There's no way I sell it to anyone else.

The gas block issue has been well known since day one. It seems the screws were never properly tightened when manufactured. For optimum performance a adjustable gas block is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    ...For optimum performance a adjustable gas block is a good option.
    Fair enough, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect optimum performance out of a $2000-$2500 gun from the box.

Arms East hasn't gotten back to me yet in terms of where they want me to ship it, and if they're going to attempt to fix it or just refund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Other people are telling me that it's a gas issue and a relatively simple fix, but I am very upset about a new $2500 (after tax) gun needing any work at all.

It should work perfectly out of the box, and others have said that they've tried multiple mags and it doesn't matter; it's the gun's fault.

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using a Raptor SD charging handle that has little ports on it, apparently for use with suppressors.

Before I return the gun I'm going to see if the OEM cocking handle fares any better.

Next time at the range I'll try multiple ammos, multiple mags, and mutiple handles.

If the Stag still doesn't cycle properly, I will return it and swear a jihad against the brand, as a result of never before being so disappointed.

I've never had a brand new gun fail to work before, let alone for this price.
    Thats very disappointing.

Thanks for sharing.

That's disappointing. I'm irritated enough at my "norinco of the north" gun, but they have a crap reputation to begin with. Stag is supposed to be quality.

Do the Americans get this model too, or is it built for folks like us, similar in mindset to the Trade rifles of the past?
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Do the Americans get this model too, or is it built for folks like us, similar in mindset to the Trade rifles of the past?
    The Canadian models have a different barrel, as the US models in 308 come with 16-18" barrels..

I believe the rest of them are the same, and I'm not sure at what step in the process the 18.5" barrels are put on or who may be responsible for the gas plugs not getting the same tightening treatment (if that's what the issue proves to be).

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast