Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I season the backstraps, then wrap them in bacon with a couple toothpicks holding everything together. Hit lightly with your favourite BBQ sauce and grill away. Make sure it stays pink in the centre. Guaranteed to drop a case of the meat sweats on you....

Steaks and chops are preferred grilled as well, but I am a sucker for occasionally pan frying one in butter.

And yes, we do make a mean garlic deer sausage out at the farm. Cut with 25% pork and pork fat, the pickled garlic chunks from Costco give it fantastic flavour over any sort of dry mix.

Best thing I have ever eaten though was a painstakingly monitored moose roast. Real low temperature, he watched that thermometer like a hawk and served it up with a peppercorn gravy. It put every steakhouse that ever was to shame......
    Last edited by kennymo; 12-22-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

SIR VEYOR (12-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    And it would appear that everyone here only roasts their harvest, if cooking it all. Backstraps as well?

Mostly a ground and jerky crew, huh?

No talk of grill, frying pan, rotisserie on a spit over the fire, nada...
    Most of my deer and moose is either pan fried or roasted...chops 1 inch thick are fried on hi with a little olive oil in a cast pan, nothing is added for extra flavour...on hi 2 minutes flip, 2 mins....reduce heat to med. and 1 min, 1 minute...done...awesome if you have good non rut deer... you cant buy anything comparable in the local grocery store.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123