Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lots of interesting suggestions but I keep coming back to two key points: capability for 4 passengers, and Alberta roads. Anywhere else in NA and I'd be leaning to something European, but here? Our roads won't let you enjoy a fine sedan/sportscar the way you should be able to. To have some fun, enjoy it in any season and be able to add performance at a reasonable price I'd be giving the WRX lineup another look.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Older Mustang or Camaro can be sporty with four seats at that price point. When price is an issue I cringe at European cars. Parts and service are a different economy there.

I've never thought of a sports car as having more than two seats. Pony cars and luxury coupes offer similar features but handle heavy in the canyons.

Driving has become like shooting in that there's so much regulation with such draconian punishment that it's not fun anymore. Just another freedom which made our country great, but is long gone.

4 seater is not a sports car. when i hit the middle age i bought a corvette. now i wish i bought one when i was 20.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    4 seater is not a sports car. when i hit the middle age i bought a corvette. now i wish i bought one when i was 20.
    Nissan would disagree. I had one of these generations Maxima, 1991.. It was pretty quick and handled well for a FWD 4door car.

Nissan marketed this generation Maxima in North America a four-door sports car and even gave it a "4DSC" window decal showing this, and this generation was briefly sold in Japan
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

labradort (12-24-2018), PrepperProcrastinator (04-24-2019)

I bought a 2010 Genesis Coupe V/6 standard and it was a real sports car.

Fast, handled very well and too much fun but alas sold it so my son could get the S2000 Honda he always wanted. We just ran out of garage space.

What do you plan on doing with this car? Autocross? Rally? Drag? Drifting? Closed track road racing? Chump series?

Miata. BMW 3 series. 350Z. WRX. Mustang. The list can go on for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    I have been a gearhead forever and a day and am always stoked when someone else is jumping in. A couple first hand experiences from me and please don't take this the wrong way..... My son has a very expensive Audi paperweight in his driveway after a timing chain event at only 112K and a good buddy got his fiancé a BMW X unit and it has been an absolute beast on parts. I just about passed out when they told me what they payed for a headlight unit. Just something to keep in mind, the cost of keeping it on the road.......

Personally I favour the domestics, find a 6.2L Camaro and let Davenports give it a little loving. I'm putting down over 510 to the rear wheels and the magneto rheological suspensions are superb. I get the appeal of import sports cars but at that price point I'd be very cautious.....
    Yep , I was thinking the exact same thing . At the OPs price point , he may end up with a little older car ; and when it comes time for service and parts , it is going to hurt . Buyer Beware....use caution !
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

I think you need to to add a zero to your purchase limit, other wise you are just buying someone else's problem

10. The Following User Liked This Post By srdiver

Lee Enfield (12-22-2018)

There’s a caged and wide body first gen Miata for sale around here... with an ls1 v8 in it. But the lack of seats doesn’t fit on your list lol.
    Please refer to me as Waynetheperson, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Waynetheman

awndray (12-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    What do you plan on doing with this car? Autocross? Rally? Drag? Drifting? Closed track road racing? Chump series?

Miata. BMW 3 series. 350Z. WRX. Mustang. The list can go on for ages.
    I’m looking for a car to drive. Probably not every day, but whenever I see fit. No racing involved.

I realize that parts are expensive and they break - I used to run a Jaguar as a daily driver, so I’m familiar with the game. I ran that car for a few years until the engine piled up, and then I parted it out.

Lots of skeptical people out there, I’m quite surprised.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast