Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    [QUOTE=Curly1;657435]
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post
    lmao which one? The $80k unicorn? Or the unloved head gasket blowing boat? (I actually have a soft spot for the unloved mk3 was soooo close to pulling the trigger on a 1jz swapped one about 10 years ago. )

Not sure which one it was, but, a couple of years back, read 10 or so, my buddy took me on a wild ride in his on the Sea to Sky. He had added a turbo to the car and I seen to remember it being a r35 engine. That thing just kept pulling and he claimed to have done it up cheap.
    it’s hard to say without details of the car but nothing about the last gen supra comes cheap. Nothing about an r35 engine comes cheap either let alone putting the thing in there so I don’t think it’s that. In supra land it’s all about the 2jz-gte or sometimes the 1jz.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    My dream car is a 300 ZX. Not sure why.
    I always had a spot in my fantasy garage for one of those too, and lucky for you those are incredibly cheap I saw one on Craigslist a few months back that was fully restored and trim-off repainted with a built engine guy claimed good for 5-700hp if desired and a garage full of oem spare parts for $17k which is high for a 300zx but not high for that car.
    Please refer to me as Waynetheperson, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post
    I always had a spot in my fantasy garage for one of those too, and lucky for you those are incredibly cheap I saw one on Craigslist a few months back that was fully restored and trim-off repainted with a built engine guy claimed good for 5-700hp if desired and a garage full of oem spare parts for $17k which is high for a 300zx but not high for that car.
    Well unfortunately I won't be finding many decent ones in NS... They be all rusted out.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    My dream car is a 300 ZX. Not sure why.
    because you have a soft spot for valves timing and head swapp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Early model Grand Cherokee SRT 8

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Dsrussett

Swingerguy (12-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrussett View Post
    Early model Grand Cherokee SRT 8
    They are a cool vehicle and fast however the brake job is in the stratosphere for cost. I know a guy that has/had one, 3 grand and they don't last that long.

For a sporty family hauler, I'd go with a charger (or a magnum, but I've got a weird fetish for station wagons)
    A good friend of mine (who lives in your neck of the woods, you've probably seen his stretched Lincoln navigator driving around) had a charger Daytona when they first came out. He had shoulder to shoulder carseats in the back. It went like stink.
    I think that would be good base for your needs.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

At under $20K you are looking at an older vehicle, and so there is going to be maintenance needed. European cars are a pain for this. Look them up in Lemon Aid guides or carproblemzoo.com

Subaru is the only brand I think of when you mention AWD and sporty. For 4 door sports car I think of Nissan Maxima. IMO, tires and ground clearance are more critical than AWD in Canada's weather.

Here are the car problem zoo results for the BMW 535:

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/bmw/535/

You say "not a daily driver". Is it just a summer fun car?

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    because you have a soft spot for valves timing and head swapp?
    You think. I really thought about that, growing up wanting one?

More was like..RWD, V6, Twin Turbo, AND looked cool.

I mean my 91 Maxima has 190 HP, 3 stage transmission ( so could drive like a benz, normal automatic, or short gear sport mode ) Dual climate control. Bose sound system. It was cats ass for the year. Never had HG issues with it.

Unfortunately It met the end to a Supercharged Grand Am... I T boned someone. And last thing I remember.. Was Supercharged ( grand am had a decal on the side )
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Not to saying there is a wrong way to go in a sporting car BUT for cheap, nasty and reliable this is the route I went. This summer is most likely the last for my SS 124" powered bagger, the Camaro is simply too much fun and the wife can sit right beside me...

Davenports is your friend for bulletproof fun, nothing beats American V8 for unrefined, killer torque combined with a coming to Jesus moment, that can still get around a corner and if it does it with the tail swinging wide in a cloud of smoke so be it. Like clubbing a baby seal with a depth charge.....

DSC05345.jpg

11. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Lee Enfield (12-24-2018)

Probably not what your looking for but it does show what can be done to an older sports car to give it greatly enhanced performance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234