Thread: Gift to self

Gift to self

So I bought myself a meat grinder and man does it grind fast. Sunmile SM-G33 ETL Electric Stainless Steel Meat Grinder Mincer direct from amazon. It was the highest rated of hundreds of cheap meat grinders. It has 3 different blades and three sausage stuffer tubes. To my door for $99.
    I ground up some pork and moose and made some breakfast sausage patties. Just ordered the sausage casing tonight. If it tastes half as good as it smells cooking I'm happy. And it is done bye for now.

Hugh’s Pork/Moose Pork/Bear breakfast sausage
    Ingredients
    • 1 pound lean ground pork
    • 1 pound lean moose
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon ground thyme
    • 1 ½ teaspoons dried rubbed sage (ground sage)
    • 2 teaspoon light brown sugar (or dark brown sugar, packed)
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    • Pinch of garlic
    • Pinch of Paprika
    • ¼ teaspoon Ground Coriander
    • ½ teaspoon of whole coriander seed
    • Optional: 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes(not in mine)
    In a bowl, combine all spices in a 1/8 cup of water and mix until well blended and salt dissolved. Grind 2 to 2 1/2 lbs of meat in a medium disc. Mix the meat and spices thoroughly. Then I put it through the grinder again. I make the 10 patties thin. They are mildly hot without the red pepper flakes.
    Shape into eight (2-ounce) patties and pan-fry the patties, turning to brown both sides, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at least 160 F on a food thermometer.

For sage flavor, use 2 teaspoons of dried rubbed sage and omit the thyme and red pepper flakes.

A pic of tonight's dinner. Baked potato in the foil.

I can't wait to lightly smoke this in a sausage casing. I will use less spice when I smoke it. Probably go 3 lbs of meat.
    Last edited by tigrr; 12-23-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By tigrr

Dmay (12-24-2018), GottaBeKD (12-23-2018), lone-wolf (12-23-2018), Rory McCanuck (12-23-2018)