Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Imodium, antacids, and ibuprofen are 3 things that must be where ever I am. Headaches, heartburn, and the runs will make working or just getting by a misery.
    Simple antacid is water and baking soda. 8 oz of water to 1 TSP of baking soda.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

chrisc (12-25-2018)

Flavored drink crystals, boiled water is a bit flat.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ESnel

blacksmithden (12-23-2018), lone-wolf (12-24-2018)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    A headlight is a must for me now. Trying to perform 2 handed tasks while holding a flashlight is a 5 star pain.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

IJ22 (06-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Simple antacid is water and baking soda. 8 oz of water to 1 TSP of baking soda.
    And white and black ashes/charcoal have affects on your bowels, but in different ways...

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    Whenever I'm out for an extended period with someone who smokes, I always bring along tabacco and rolling papers, just in case they run out or lose theirs.
    Nothing worse than being with somebody with a nicotine fit. My GF dropped her smokes in the water one time while we were camping,
    so I gave her the tabacco and papers. She said she wouldn't even smoke one if I rolled it. Within a couple of hours, she was rolling like a pro.
    One of the guys I used to work with tried to quit smoking and he had gotten so irritable his wife threw him a pack of cigarettes and told him to start smoking again.

Tobacco can be a good bargaining chip too because you can demand a higher price for it if that person is desperate for a cigarette. Some might say that's exploiting a persons desperation but it's not life saving medical supplies were talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    I tell everyone to buy a tarp big enough to cover your house, such a simple thing, just over a 100 bucks for a 30x40. In an earthquake your roof may leak, if a tree falls, fire etc. House may be livable, but not for long if there's water coming in. Or if you need to leave your property, it will make a nice shelter.
    Now I am going to check how many tarps I have and how big they are. Good suggestion, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Imodium, antacids, and ibuprofen are 3 things that must be where ever I am. Headaches, heartburn, and the runs will make working or just getting by a misery.
    Benadryl can be added to that, but I'm not really allergic to anything I know of.
    They're pretty common items to have in your house but I figured I'd go into detail since I find them so essential.

Butane single burner stoves and extra cans are my go to for cooking.
    Nescafe 3in1 for some instant coffee

Hard to think of much beyond the regular things, 30days for a lot of people won't be too crazy unless they just don't have the supplies stacked.
    ... currently at my own place, I do not...
    Unless I get snowed in, or transportation of goods to the island breaks down, venturing out to get more supplies shouldn't be a big issue.(have cash will travel)
    Drop by the amish or my parents for fresh eggs.
    Get that woodstove with a cook top so I don't even need to use the butane stove.
    Bottled water for personal use, jugs of grey water/tub/rain for flushing(or a bucket and a bag of sawdust for #2s)
    Single man, shouldn't be hard to stack enough bottled water for myself.

Kind of just rambled on there.
    I have IBS so I take 4 imodium daily, anymore than that and I get painfully bloated, otherwise I'd take more. It doesn't have the same effect as it did when I first started taking it but it still helps. It got rid of my really bad heartburn too. I buy it at Costco but its getting to the point I need to get a prescription. The gov is starting to regulate it, as it can be used in making meth . Most drug stores are still over the counter but Costco sells them in packs of 80 so I think that's why.

Be careful with the Ibuprofen if you have stomach problems, if you take a lot of it it can make your symptoms worse. When my IBS was at its worst about 6 years ago, I lost a lot of weight and was at about 117lbs (I'm 6' tall), and I developed Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in my shoulder from my physical job + the weight loss. I started taking ibuprofen every day before work and at some point during the day as well, and my symptoms got even worse. I quickly stopped taking it.

I would add to your list cough syrup, cough drops, and Cold FX or generic brand American ginseng. For those like me with stomach problems keeping a stash of extra probiotics and digestive enzymes is a good idea as well. Keep the medicine cabinet full.

If you have left over antibiotics for whatever reason from a previous prescription, keep them.

If you're a guitar player, tortex picks are quite flammable and make for a great fire starter if you shave them and fit in that little jean pocket on the right hand side. More of a bug out bag kind of thing for starting fires but good to have.

Ok, now I'm rambling.

Lighters and matches.
    Markers, paint pens, pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    Flavored drink crystals, boiled water is a bit flat.
    No sugar for me. I make lemonade with the organic lemon juice (the other stuff has nitrites which are hard on my stomach) and sweeten it with stevia. Makes for a nice drink.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    A headlight is a must for me now. Trying to perform 2 handed tasks while holding a flashlight is a 5 star pain.
    LED Toques and hats from Mark's are great. I have both. They take CR2032 Batteries, which most folks with an RDS will have a bunch of lying around. https://www.marks.com/en/brands/power-cap.html#lvp=1

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Ok...I don't want to get off topic, but, I bought one of these, and I can't say enough good things about it. It's the Wowtac A2S headlamp. You're going to need a charger that will charge 18650 lithium batteries though. The batteries are around $20 for 4 of them on Amazon - made by EBL, and they work fine. You get one battery with it. It doesn't stick out from the front of your head very far. It's balanced, so where you leave it pointed it stays. It's bright as all hell. The button is on the side of the light end of it. It takes very little pressure to activate it. By that I mean one finger, without actually holding/squeezing the light to depress it. I left it on high for about 5 hours and it was still going strong. On low, a battery would last you days and days of continuously being on. They're solidly built - aluminum body. There's an O-ring on the battery cap, but I haven't tried submerging it to see if it's completely water tight. High, and "turbo" modes are too bright for working on something at arms length (at least for my tastes), but are great when you're walking. They're made by Thrunite (said to call Thrunite tech support right on my instructions) but they're a bit cheaper than the Thrunite branded stuff. Very comfortable to wear. I love the thing. Yeah, they're a little pricy, but in my opinion, they're 3 times as good as anything Black Diamond makes.

https://www.amazon.ca/Headlamp-Headl...owtac+headlamp

Wowtac A2S.jpg
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Deodorant. Crystal salts last a long time.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By labradort

blacksmithden (12-24-2018)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    My son. I tell him what I need, he finds/acquires it. No questions asked, just be thankful he cares about his old man.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast