Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    The human knee can in fact be milled. You never know when that could come in handy!
    The human knee can be drilled as well using a Black and Decker. Ask the IRA how cooperative people can be when that happens.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

2. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Hidyn (06-28-2019)

Reason #43 never to be taken alive
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Steveo9mm

blacksmithden (01-13-2019), chrisc (03-03-2019), Magi (01-09-2019)

Tweezers.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

lone-wolf (01-09-2019)

Advanced first aid training is pretty handy, especially if you have a family that you will be responsible for, and/or live in a rural area.

Basic first aid is better than nothing, but something that deals with sucking chest wounds, impalement, and just general combat oriented triage can be pretty valuable. If you're in a bug-out situation and fending for your family in a remote area, or defending your home from attackers/robbers, basic first aid can often fall short.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    Advanced first aid training is pretty handy, especially if you have a family that you will be responsible for, and/or live in a rural area.

Basic first aid is better than nothing, but something that deals with sucking chest wounds, impalement, and just general combat oriented triage can be pretty valuable. If you're in a bug-out situation and fending for your family in a remote area, or defending your home from attackers/robbers, basic first aid can often fall short.
    I took a battlefield medicine course a few months back, what an eye opener! Great info everyone should have.

https://www.rhodes-solutions.ca/

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By coastal

Hidyn (01-11-2019), lone-wolf (01-14-2019)

Gout pills.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I took a battlefield medicine course a few months back, what an eye opener! Great info everyone should have.

https://www.rhodes-solutions.ca/
    Nice! It's hard to find places that offer training more in tune with battlefield medicine in Canada. The first aid courses I've taken were super helpful, but only touched on trauma.

I'd like to take more advanced stuff, but choices are limited, and extremely expensive. Not just in cost, but time away from work as well.

A stand alone TCCC course near Calgary would be ideal. I think I saw a wilderness first aid course around here once. I don't remember why I didn't jump on it.
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    Nice! It's hard to find places that offer training more in tune with battlefield medicine in Canada. The first aid courses I've taken were super helpful, but only touched on trauma.

I'd like to take more advanced stuff, but choices are limited, and extremely expensive. Not just in cost, but time away from work as well.

A stand alone TCCC course near Calgary would be ideal. I think I saw a wilderness first aid course around here once. I don't remember why I didn't jump on it.
    I'd shoot Nick an email, he travels all over doing courses. And he's a legit paratrooper badass haha.

Pantyhose.

Almost as useful as duct tape.

https://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-org...antyhose-uses/

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast