Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Tagged

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    I will add a bit to this. TRAINING! go take an OFA course. Not the 1 day one. Do the level 2 course (1 week). You might even be able to get your employer to pay for it if they are looking for more first aid attendants. Might just save somebody's life. Also survival training, weapons training, maybe take a basic mechanic course, the list goes on...
    I totally agree! I held up my hand to take OFA 2 when none of my co-workers wanted to. Within a month of completion I saved a co-workers life with knowledge I wouldn't have had without the course.

Just along this line, and since I'm always pushing the idea, joining the local volunteer dept provides you with free training(initial medical training, plus the practice training within the fd) and first hand knowledge of emergency plans for the area.
    You can go from a position of waiting things out to actively helping the community at such times.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty ó and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

4. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

SIR VEYOR (01-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Look at the 49ers. Guy didnít mine, but humped his grindstone over the pass. All those useless tools suddenly became a commodity again. I think he made out pretty good for the short time it lasted...
    Sort of like Trump's grand-daddy who made his fortune running a bar and brothel in the Yukon.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678