How small can a big computer get?

So just how small, inexpensive, and portable can a system be made?

Sorta smaller than a tablet, but runs like a big computer

VR headsets seem to be coming on strong

TV computer sticks and Rasberry Pi stuff getting tiny

Small wireless keyboards, some folding, some roll up, etc.

Assorted mice options, rolling, pad, thumball, etc.

VR setups including ways to make a virtual desktop, with standard “office” suite.

The system would be emphasized on portable, light, preferably USB powered.

Could it be used while flying? Maybe running off the planes USB seat port
    Or a USB battery pack if flying Dens style, or in remote areas

It would need to do the light stuff:
    Paperwork, Excel, emails
    At least light surfing like GOC, maybe delve into the YouTube links as well
    Wifi yes, cel card no

And be nice if:
    Able to access home security video, maybe ring notifications, etc.
    Do light video processing (GoPro vids kinda)
    Run Steam or other video gaming

RobertMcC
    Dad's got a gaming laptop, but it's not small... It got a 17" monitor. He plays WOW on it. So gotta be good.

He sent the dogs toys in a PC box. New Acer Predator G3.... Was shocked at the price.

If you want to stay usable and portable I'd stick with a normal laptop. I have one from 2012 maybe, it's been through the wringer and is hacked up in an effort to keep it working - but it is working. I can service it myself, and it can do more than just open goc and watch youtube.
    You go to things like chrome OS, and RPI style ones, you're really limiting yourself imo. Gaming and video editing? Good luck unless it's 240p and pong.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

The most powerful computer I have at the moment is my Samsung Note 9. It also has - by far - the most storage.

For a phone it's big but for a computer it's actually pretty small.

To kinda give an idea. Big screen visuals without lugging around 2-6 monitors.

https://www.wired.com/story/augmente...the-workplace/

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If you want to stay usable and portable I'd stick with a normal laptop. I have one from 2012 maybe, it's been through the wringer and is hacked up in an effort to keep it working - but it is working. I can service it myself, and it can do more than just open goc and watch youtube.
    You go to things like chrome OS, and RPI style ones, you're really limiting yourself imo. Gaming and video editing? Good luck unless it's 240p and pong.
    I’ve got an old XP laptop, work laptop, iPad, iPhones, handheld CE devices, etc. Adds up to a nice pile at security screening. Don’t really expect any of it to go away, for various reasons. But something that can give a big screen experience, without a lot of extra stuff, or even an outlet; that has benefits. Leave it all packed. Think camp rooms, hours long work truck rides with annoying coworkers, standby stuck in trucks in middle of nowhere...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    I’ve got an old XP laptop, work laptop, iPad, iPhones, handheld CE devices, etc. Adds up to a nice pile at security screening. Don’t really expect any of it to go away, for various reasons. But something that can give a big screen experience, without a lot of extra stuff, or even an outlet; that has benefits. Leave it all packed. Think camp rooms, hours long work truck rides with annoying coworkers, standby stuck in trucks in middle of nowhere...
    I use my chromebook for such instances, although I'm starting to hate it, it does pack light with a long battery life.
    My carry on backpack that is always with me in those jobs has a nice spot for it

It's the main reason I'm on goc 24/7
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Used pretty much everything out there from chrome, apple, windows, linux, pi, data centers, etc.

My trusty machine today is a microsoft surface clone from Dell.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Microsoft surface pro is a good balance of small and yet powerful enough to run some MS apps like excel.
    University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address - Admiral William H. McRaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70