Thread: Sks optics

Sks optics

Has anyone had good results mounting an optic on an sks. Read a lot of bad reviews for most of the mounts saying they don't hold zero. I'm trying to decide between keeping iron sights and getting a rear peep or maybe a cheap 1-6 or 3-9 right now I'm hitting a 5 inch group at 50 with the stock sights

Quote Originally Posted by Jordon View Post
    Has anyone had good results mounting an optic on an sks. Read a lot of bad reviews for most of the mounts saying they don't hold zero. I'm trying to decide between keeping iron sights and getting a rear peep or maybe a cheap 1-6 or 3-9 right now I'm hitting a 5 inch group at 50 with the stock sights
    Honesty your best choice is a peepsight or a mount that mounts on the actual reciever. Speaking from experience, anything that uses the cover is trash

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    أنا أحب البنادق

Quote Originally Posted by DuhBoredShooter View Post
    Honesty your best choice is a peepsight or a mount that mounts on the actual reciever. Speaking from experience, anything that uses the cover is trash

Ya that's what I figured. I wasn't going to get a cover one bc mine wiggles a lot. I've seen some that go over the whole top but I wanna use stripper clips. Have you tried any that worked well and still allow stripper clips. I'm starting to think a rear peep is my best option

Ya that's what I figured. I wasn't going to get a cover one bc mine wiggles a lot. I've seen some that go over the whole top but I wanna use stripper clips. Have you tried any that worked well and still allow stripper clips. I'm starting to think a rear peep is my best option
    Addley precision has one, its pretty nice, but you will pay a pretty penny for it.
    http://addleyprecision.com/product/sks-scope-mount/

أنا أحب البنادق

I've had good luck with the maxwedge scope mount. Replaces the cover pin, and extends and mounts to the front sight base. I guess its matador now. Same item. Mounts solid.
    https://hical.ca/product/matador-sks-optics-rail/
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    I've had good luck with the maxwedge scope mount. Replaces the cover pin, and extends and mounts to the front sight base. I guess its matador now. Same item. Mounts solid.
    https://hical.ca/product/matador-sks-optics-rail/
    I’ve got these, they’re pretty solid. The Choate side mount I’ve got is more solid, but requires drilling and tapping. And you get a much nicer scope height with the Magwedge rail.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

If you're looking at just throwing a red dot on I think its Matador that makes the Razor, replaces rear sight, still allows room for stripper clips even with something the size of a Bushnell trs-25. Been running it on one of mine since spring, no issues yet

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By DasMauser

Hidyn (01-01-2019), Jordon (12-27-2018)

Hi - Just my 2c, but I've had a Receiver Cover mount on a 1950 Tula 'light refurb' for about 4 years - only 4-500 rounds but it holds Zero very well. It is very fussy about fitting the 'ears' of the cover into the receiver, had to file a bit to make it fit closely. It sure doesn't "wiggle" now I can get a 2" group at 100 yds. It is a Barska mount and 3-9 x 40 Illuminated reticle Scope combo from Cabelas, now about $160 + tax. It's hi-mount with see thru for iron use. I painted the irons with White-out, then Yellow Hi-liter - quick and easy to see. Also replaced the sear/mag spring from Mcarbo (specify 'medium' tension as the light weight one lets the mag drop unexpectedly} :-( - I polished the sear and rails, too - and my sling is off a notebook case:-)