Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
    Have you any experience with barrel tuners? I am going to try a Lowey tuner and see if that's worth playing with. And ya, try different ammo. So far I have some Ely and Lapua...but have only just zero'd the scope, not many rounds through yet.
    I have a Savage B22 that I tried to dial in as well (It shoots very well) - I was trying to keep the B22 ( and this FV-SR as well) within the limits for production class. I used the dampener on the b22 and tuned the action screw torques to the point where it shoots excellently with CCI SV- I believe the dampener contributes to this, but I have not proven that definitively as I am too scared to mess with it, lest I mess it up. ( one of the reasons I have not stolen it off the B22 to try on the FV too-
    I hav to admit, it is alot of fun just playing around polishing and modifying and testing these economical rifles)

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...-Savage-B-22-V
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-19-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

I've never played with stock screw torque on anything, other than making certain they are not loose.

Where do you start?

Or is there some 20 page thread on a rimfire forum with some wizard class rifle mechanics thesis project that I should be reading?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
    why would you put a muzzle brake on a .22?
    Well... just because you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I've never played with stock screw torque on anything, other than making certain they are not loose.

Where do you start?

Or is there some 20 page thread on a rimfire forum with some wizard class rifle mechanics thesis project that I should be reading?
    It is a little tedious , but certainly worth while- after you find the ammo your rifle likes then start a little below the reccomended stock torque and start shooting 5-10 round groups from a steady rest, while at the same time increasing the torque on the stock screws screw by 3-5lbs intervals. The distance to shoot is up to you, but I would suggest at least 50m. If the torque is significant for your rifle then you should see some shifting of the group size and likely position. Be aware that you could possibly damage your stock to some degree if the torque causes a crushing of the stock material- That is why a thicker base plate, and washers are desirable on the Mark II's -they help distribute the force on the stock, with less distortion of the base plate. I run fairly high torques compared to recommended.

BTW The recommended stock Factory torques for Savage are as follows, increasing above hese values may cause damage -
    https://savagearms.zendesk.com/hc/en...action-screws-

Accustock models - 40 inch pounds (including wedge screw)

Centerfire w/ synthetic stock - 30-35 inch pounds

Centerfire w/ wood stock - 30-35 inch pounds

Centerfire w/ laminate stock - 30-35 inch pounds

Rimfire w/ any stock - 15 inch pounds
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-19-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

Mark-II (01-19-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12