Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    had a quick google about, couldn't find any firing pin issues for the MC28
    I couldn't find anything either. North Sylva gave me an RMA to ship the whole pistol to them....which is probably a good idea....hopefully they will check the tolerances in the slide to see if the slot for the firing pin is misaligned.

    Or pay them $60+tax+shipping for the firing pin assembly.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Member adrielm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    402
    Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just mail you a new firing pin???

    Dry firing with snap caps is weird, modern pistols should be fine with dry firing.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by adrielm View Post
    Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just mail you a new firing pin???

    Dry firing with snap caps is weird, modern pistols should be fine with dry firing.
    I think they do want to check the whole pistol as they did previously mail out a new firing pin to me. I think that is reasonable.

    But I think it is more likely a bad batch of firing pins.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    21
    when shipping a hangun to be repair, do you need a transfer request, transportation paper?
    Because the gun is no longer at the register home address?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
    when shipping a hangun to be repair, do you need a transfer request, transportation paper?
    Because the gun is no longer at the register home address?
    ATT is required when you take it to the post office or courier. However, if you are going to take it to the repair centre yourself, your LATT currently will cover transport to gunsmith. Just remember to ship in original case that is lockable, and with a trigger lock. I found the combination locks to be most convenient.

    Process to get ATT to post office was straightforward. Just have the address of the post office/courier location handy during your phone call.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    SWOntario
    Posts
    1,973
    "...hopefully they will check..." Not likely. North Sylva doesn't have smithy facilities. They're just a distributor. They might send it out to be fixed though. That doesn't guarantee it won't break again.
    At least they did something. Lotta distributors would tell you to take it to the place you bought it.
    "...need a transfer request..." Isn't being transferred. Just transported.

  7. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

    WRXFan (01-10-2019)

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXFan View Post
    ATT is required when you take it to the post office or courier. However, if you are going to take it to the repair centre yourself, your LATT currently will cover transport to gunsmith. Just remember to ship in original case that is lockable, and with a trigger lock. I found the combination locks to be most convenient.

    Process to get ATT to post office was straightforward. Just have the address of the post office/courier location handy during your phone call.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Good to know, thanks

    I intend to do some dry fire, just practice handing of the gun with glove(freaking cold at the ouside range :-))
    then down range..
    Will read more on the Girsan mc28 dry fire, before pulling the trigger(empty magazine, in save environment) on my brand new gun , well when it arrive :-)

  9. #18
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXFan View Post
    ATT is required when you take it to the post office or courier. However, if you are going to take it to the repair centre yourself, your LATT currently will cover transport to gunsmith. Just remember to ship in original case that is lockable, and with a trigger lock. I found the combination locks to be most convenient.

    Process to get ATT to post office was straightforward. Just have the address of the post office/courier location handy during your phone call.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    I've yet to find a trigger lock that will work with the factory boxes pistols get shipped with. Only ones that kinda are the 2 prong screw ones.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
    Good to know, thanks

    I intend to do some dry fire, just practice handing of the gun with glove(freaking cold at the ouside range :-))
    then down range..
    Will read more on the Girsan mc28 dry fire, before pulling the trigger(empty magazine, in save environment) on my brand new gun , well when it arrive :-)
    If you haven't, I would suggest giving it a good cleaning and lubrication to remove residual machining oil. I found the slide and trigger to be noticeably smoother after an initial cleaning and lubrication out of the box.

    I also found, when the firing pin is cocked, and you need to dry fire to remove the slide, pulling the slide back 3 mm or so, then pulling the trigger, will release the firing pin without the full force of the firing pin main spring.

    Needless to say, make sure you always do ACTS and PROVE before handling the pistol.

    Cheers

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Liked This Post By WRXFan

    Fonzy (01-10-2019)

  12. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I've yet to find a trigger lock that will work with the factory boxes pistols get shipped with. Only ones that kinda are the 2 prong screw ones.
    The one I used does not fit pretty in the case. But it'll serve it's purpose.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •