Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Here's the Girsan MC28 Manual.
    I didn't see anything about dry fire, if it was good or bad.

https://zenithfirearms.com/wp-conten...al_digital.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by WRXFan View Post
    If you haven't, I would suggest giving it a good cleaning and lubrication to remove residual machining oil. I found the slide and trigger to be noticeably smoother after an initial cleaning and lubrication out of the box.

I also found, when the firing pin is cocked, and you need to dry fire to remove the slide, pulling the slide back 3 mm or so, then pulling the trigger, will release the firing pin without the full force of the firing pin main spring.

Needless to say, make sure you always do ACTS and PROVE before handling the pistol.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Got my Girsan today
    Thanks, it work on uncocking the gun,
    With all safety and making sur their is no ammo in chamber, no clip.
    I cock the gun on pulling back the slide, about 1/4 " to 3/8" and the gun is cock with the red dot showing out in the back of the firing pin.
    I pull the slide back to the first resistance about 1/4", i hold the slide then i squeeze the trigger, and i slide the slide back slowly by holding it, and the gun is uncock
    I didn't ear the striker pin sound (click), just the sound on the slide and probably the striker pin releasing forward slowly..
    Last edited by Fonzy; 01-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
    Got my Girsan today
    Thanks, it work on uncocking the gun,
    With all safety and making sur their is no ammo in chamber, no clip.
    I cock the gun on pulling back the slide, about 1/4 " to 3/8" and the gun is cock with the red dot showing out in the back of the firing pin.
    I pull the slide back to the first resistance about 1/4", i hold the slide then i squeeze the trigger, and i slide the slide back slowly by holding it, and the gun is uncock
    I didn't ear the striker pin sound (click), just the sound on the slide and probably the striker pin releasing forward slowly..
    Awesome. Have fun at the range. I would suggest tightening the screws that hold the sights in place prior running live rounds through. To zero your pistol, you may need to drift the rear sight to the left or right. Unfortunately, no elevation adjustments.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By WRXFan

Fonzy (01-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adrielm View Post
    Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just mail you a new firing pin???

Dry firing with snap caps is weird, modern pistols should be fine with dry firing.
    Unfortunately, after about 300 rnds of the same ammo, the indicator broke again..... During a 2 gun match. Then, for the duration of the match, I had 2 misfires; looked like 2 light firing pin strikes.

It appeared they replaced the recoil spring and guide in addition to the firing pin assembly at the time of the last repair.

this is the only occurrence that I find other than a actual Turkish owner (about 2 years ago) talking about losing the indicator and not sure about him also having a Firing pin breakage issue due to translation. Part of the jest that I can see is they are blame in part that the local sales is of lesser QC than export. There was also a comment about a 20% failure and return in the government procurement but again something was really lost in translation.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By srdiver

WRXFan (02-22-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123