Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    We don’t operate a FFL system. That’s probably the weird to you part.

Non-restricted are Essentially treated as private sales (minimal to no government involvement).

Restricteds are sold and moved around closer to a dangerous goods item. Permits to move, government approval required for ownership changes.

And in Canada the lower is considered the firearm, not the upper. The upper is a part same as a hand guard.

In the US, the upper is considered the firearm correct? And the lower is considered a part?

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    The only part of an AR that is restricted in Canada is the lower. Uppers are a free for all. No licence required no background checks nothing.

And even then you can sell lower parts like triggers, pins, butt stocks, tubes etc..
    That's good to hear!

But why would they list it as a restricted part? Scroll down to the bottom of the listing.

https://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com...nato-14-5.html

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    And in Canada the lower is considered the firearm, not the upper. The upper is a part same as a hand guard.

In the US, the upper is considered the firearm correct? And the lower is considered a part?
    No, it's the same way. Lower is the firearm and the upper is just a part.

Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    That's good to hear!

But why would they list it as a restricted part? Scroll down to the bottom of the listing.

I have no idea...

Company policy?

That doesn't make sense though because you can buy all the parts individually and build it regardless. I've been to the store my self, those parts are not under lock and key.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By tdod101

lone-wolf (01-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    We donít operate a FFL system. Thatís probably the weird to you part.

Non-restricted are Essentially treated as private sales (minimal to no government involvement).

Restricteds are sold and moved around closer to a dangerous goods item. Permits to move, government approval required for ownership changes.
    Yeah, the GCA of 1968 brought us the FFL system we have now. Before that almost all firearms were a free for all.

Now transfers from different states require that they go through an FFL dealer in the home state of the new owner. Even some states; like California, require all transfers to go through a dealer.

That's good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    I have no idea...

Company policy?

That doesn't make sense though because you can buy all the parts individually and build it regardless. I've been to the store my self, those parts are not under lock and key.
    Probably mostly sales tactic to try to cut down on answering “common knowledge” questions.

Lots of people are still seemingly uniformed about an AR’s restricted status. And get confused when they see “20 inch upper” because their PAL course or even older FAC tells them that it should be non-restricted. More of Canada’s quirky gun laws...

9. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

morrcarr67 (01-11-2019)

That's good to hear!

restricted due to barrel length most likely

Okay, I have a couple of questions about the Canadian laws.

I know you guys need to have a PAL and get an approval for each firearm that you buy.

I just went to Firearms Outlet Canada and noticed that they are listing complete AR uppers as restricted firearms parts.

It looks like they are somewhere in Ontario. So say that you're somewhere in Alberta; how do you buy a restricted part or firearm from them?

Barrel length only becomes an issue if mounted to a lower. One can buy this barrel along with all the other parts without a PAL/RPAL. I suspect this is a typo on someone's part at FOC, check various other vendor's websites for similar uppers,no PAL/RPAL required.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By ESnel

morrcarr67 (01-12-2019)

I was thinking, they might of listed it like that for anyone looking for a modern sporter/slr donor? my best guess
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty ó and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456