Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks MarkR,
    Very good points.

3031 is a fairly long stick powder. It is not uncommon for such powders to stick in the funnel or even the case neck and overflow. Give the case a few taps before removing it from the funnel or measure to let the powder flow into and settle in the case.

A "compressed" load will normally be up to the base of the neck or so and you will hear some "crunching" as the bullet is seated.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    3031 is a fairly long stick powder. It is not uncommon for such powders to stick in the funnel or even the case neck and overflow. Give the case a few taps before removing it from the funnel or measure to let the powder flow into and settle in the case.

A "compressed" load will normally be up to the base of the neck or so and you will hear some "crunching" as the bullet is seated.
    Hi Suputin,

Yes, I do tap it as the powder goes down into shell case. I think I have a better routine now. Hopefully I won't make that mistake again.

regards, Mark

Sometimes it can take a pretty decent set of taps to dislodge stuck powder. But measure technique can go a long way to preventing the hangup in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12