Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I am going to Mexico next month
    Stay in the tourist areas and you’ll be fine. Expect lots of petty theft attempts on cel phones and bad booze passed off as good.

Anywhere outside a tourist area you thinking of going?

i have only been to mexico twice, that was 3 times too many.

We stay in a very nice all inclusive resort, no one without some very serious effort is going to breach the security measures in place. That being said when we go on vacation, it is about the sand and surf along with a few of the contests and games on the beach but thatís about it... We have no desire to go to town and get harassed by vendors etc so our version of relaxing may not be for everyone.

Very good booze, lobsters at the beach bar (choose your seasoning),amazing dinners and if you want a fine bottle of wine at midnight, you just push the button. Take lots of one dollar bills for tips and your all set and still cheaper than Maui....

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Not in a tourist area. Nothing out of the ordinary here, really.

Heck out Borderland Beat to really see how common and low number this is.
    Are you sure? My friend said this happened right by the resort he was about to book for a vacation this spring. It's how I heard about it. He's looking at HI now instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    Are you sure? My friend said this happened right by the resort he was about to book for a vacation this spring. It's how I heard about it. He's looking at HI now instead.
    Positive. They have had bodies on/next to a beach. People just walking around. It was a locals beach, not a tourist. Each. And a couple of things have happened in the fringe of a tourist area, but that missed public reporting for the most part.

But check out Borderland Beat and you’ll see very quickly that this is minor in scale.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    former wife lost a cousin down there,, apparently jumped from his 9th story balcony 3 in the morning.. Hotel was sanitized long before the body was cold,, 5 days later he was located in a morgue,, no place in Mexico is safe,,

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Positive. They have had bodies on/next to a beach. People just walking around. It was a locals beach, not a tourist. Each. And a couple of things have happened in the fringe of a tourist area, but that missed public reporting for the most part.

But check out Borderland Beat and you’ll see very quickly that this is minor in scale.
    Was having coffee with my friend yesterday, yeah he was wrong. He said it wasn't by the resort but he would have had to pass through the area in order to get there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12