Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    that they’ve (US) no doubt have learned from.
    . .

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    24th of October 2015, a Chinese submarine tailed the nuclear-powered supercarrier USS Ronald Reagan off the coast of Japan.

Reported during that instance
    "Chinese submarines are growing in number, but they're still relatively noisy," he pointed out. "They're at least a generation behind us. And when they track us, we find out what they are capable of."
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

3. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Doug_M (01-11-2019)

26th of October 2006
    USS Kitty Hawk vs Song-Class diesel-electric powered submarine
    Hypothetical

Song Captain : Is it fixed yet?
    Song Sonar Equipment Tech : No captain. We've tried the spares and it's completely inoperable.
    Song Captain : You said if we sat here, unmoving and silent, for 4 hours you could get it fixed.
    Song Sonar Operator : Sorry captain. Sonar is completely inoperable.
    Song Captain : We'll go back to port. Get it fixed there.
    Song Navigator : We've been drifting for hours. The internal navigation accelerometers and gyroscopes are giving different readings. I don't know where we are.
    Song Captain : We'll surface and get a satellite position fix.
    Song Captain : Holy shit! We've surfaced in the middle of an American aircraft carrier group! Dive Dive Dive! Get us the hell out of here!
    Song Captain : And that's what happened Admiral.
    Chinese Rear Admiral : You tell every one of your crew that this event is classified. If anyone breaths a word of it they'll be shot!
    Chinese Rear Admiral : My extensive training program enabled the captain and crew of the Song to surface right behind the American aircraft carrier Kitty-Hawk, right on time, and within striking distance. They can do that again any time I order it.
    Chinese Vice Admiral : Well done! I'll see you get another star for that Admiral! Captain, get a press release out about that immediately!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    A major contributing factor for the allies winning WW2 was the US bringing its industrial manufacturing might to bear by producing mass quantities of weapons in a relatively short period of time. What scares me is that China more than has this capability now. If WW3 is fought with 'conventional' weapons, the US is going to need all the help it can get. Things are a lot different now compared to the 1940s, but theres still a lot of weight behind raw manpower and arms production capability. I dont pretend to know what Chinas raw material situation is like, but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than Iraq and Afghanistans were. The next 'real' world war....and there will be another one eventually.....isnt going to be a pushover for the US and its allies if China and Russia are on the other team. If it goes nuclear...well....we're all going to lose no matter who fires the first and last shots.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

China copies stuff, invention is not their forte.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

Doug_M (01-11-2019)

24th of October 2015, a Chinese submarine tailed the nuclear-powered supercarrier USS Ronald Reagan off the coast of Japan.
    Tailed is very different. Navies "tail" each other with subs all the time. And their Sonar Ops track them the whole time. Ask me how I know lol.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    https://lavscam.info

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    A major contributing factor for the allies winning WW2 was the US bringing its industrial manufacturing might to bear by producing mass quantities of weapons in a relatively short period of time. What scares me is that China more than has this capability now. If WW3 is fought with 'conventional' weapons, the US is going to need all the help it can get. Things are a lot different now compared to the 1940s, but theres still a lot of weight behind raw manpower and arms production capability.
    It isn't just production, it is design quality and operator proficiency. During the cold war the ratio of NATO to Warsaw Pact jets was something like 1 to 20 in favour of the commies. But NATO planes and pilots were considered so much better that the 20 to 1 advantage for the commies wasn't considered as "bad" as a literal 20 to 1 advantage. The Chinese have stolen a lot of tech and Bill Clinton gave them some missile tech too. I don't know how far behind they are, but they are behind. They are and have been modernizing their military for the past couple of decades and have made big gains. They have a ways to go. We in the West are enabling that with our trading and dependence on them. We're giving them the means to do that modernization. Today right here and now my biggest concern would be Western resolve, or lack there of, to deal with Chinese aggression. 20 years from now? It will be what you stated as they will have the tech/training to match.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    https://lavscam.info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12