Upcoming shortages?

With a gun ban of some kind definitely on the discussion board in the US, I'm thinking that we may have some issues with getting things up here in the next few months. Specifically, I am thinking ammunition and reloading components are going to be in high demand. So much that I am definitely considering stopping and buying some primers and powder on my way home. I might have to order some surplus ammo, just to have on hand too.

Thoughts?

I've been seeing shortages a wee bit here and there. I noticed my usual local store for MFS has had issues getting .308 and .223 in, and when I was on the hunt for a 10/22 it was pure luck that I found one! (When I actually had cash-in-hand to buy it). The guy at Le Baron said Ruger was something in the range of 600,000 10/22's behind in their orders.

I've been trying to stock up, but, money is tight, only able to buy a box or two at a time (and it doesn't help that I keep using it). I'm worried that when/if prices go up, I won't be able to afford to feed anything higher then a .22 :-P

I can't wait to get into a slightly bigger place where I can set up a reloading bench. I've considered buying reloading components to hang onto until I have the space/equipment for it, but... It seems a bit silly to sit on bags of bullets, brass, primers, and powder for 1 - 2 years before I'd start using them.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garetsu View Post
    I've been seeing shortages a wee bit here and there. I noticed my usual local store for MFS has had issues getting .308 and .223 in, and when I was on the hunt for a 10/22 it was pure luck that I found one! (When I actually had cash-in-hand to buy it). The guy at Le Baron said Ruger was something in the range of 600,000 10/22's behind in their orders.

I've been trying to stock up, but, money is tight, only able to buy a box or two at a time (and it doesn't help that I keep using it). I'm worried that when/if prices go up, I won't be able to afford to feed anything higher then a .22 :-P

I can't wait to get into a slightly bigger place where I can set up a reloading bench. I've considered buying reloading components to hang onto until I have the space/equipment for it, but... It seems a bit silly to sit on bags of bullets, brass, primers, and powder for 1 - 2 years before I'd start using them.
    It's only seems silly until you can't find primers for 200 miles in any direction and when you do find them, the vendor has marked them up from $34 per box to $65 a box. Never stop stocking up.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    It's only seems silly until you can't find primers for 200 miles in any direction and when you do find them, the vendor has marked them up from $34 per box to $65 a box. Never stop stocking up.
    ^This! Thisthisthisthisthis.

I've got to start reloading more calibres.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Hmm... That's a good point.

Well, that settles it then, I'll need to get a box to designate reloading components and clear out a spot in the closet until I can use them!