Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy Need help with SW 22 Victory

    Hi!

    First time on the forum here - Hope this isn't a repeat post (I tried searching first and didnt seem to find it. If I missed it, please direct me to the right post!)

    I have recently purchased a SW22Victory.

    I shot it once to make sure it works. It went Bang! Great!

    Then I purchased a bunch of things for it, like a new barrel, and trigger + hammer from Tandemkross.

    The hammer seems to be giving me some issues:

    1) hammer does not cock as easily as it used it
    2) once cocked, it won't travel all the way forward. Getting stuck at exactly the 12 o'clock zone.

    I have followed and re-attempted the installation 8 times now and it's either impossible to cock back, or wont fire after cocked. (I literally did the same thing 8 times so I dont even know what causes it to not cock or cock but not fire.)

    This is also my first time completely taking a part a pistol to exchange parts, so all of this gunsmithing wizardry is very new to me.

    It would be great if the community can bless me with your knowledge.

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    First question: Does it function if you put the old parts back into it?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    From watching the video, and checking some stuff you may have a hammer strut/mainspring misalignment. That's the metal leg on the hammer, and the spring & plunger that presses against it. Not trying to be insulting, just trying to explain. That's a take it apart, and watch it go back together fix.

    It may be binding on something. Watch the function carefully. This is your first dance with this stuff. Don't go messing with the pistol trying to make it fit. Don't go messing with the hammer/sear engagement.

    Don't be afraid to email tandemkross and ask for advice. Don't be afraid to go to a gunsmith. Just a word that gunsmiths aren't always super-fast. There's a million and 3 different firearms, and no one can stock all parts for everything.

    Also don't be afraid to go back to the old hammer, if that's the one that works. If she won't work, then she's not much good to you. You can try to solve the issue without turning your Victory into a paperweight. Sometimes manufacturers make little changes between runs, and it's not super clear which version you have without checking serial numbers. This hammer simply may not work in this range of serial numbers, or even this specific pistol.

    At the end of the day this is all guess-work on my part. I don't own a Victory, I've never tried to install a part in one.

    I hope you get it sorted.

    Congratulations, you've dragged a long-time silent lurker out of their lurking hole. It's bright out here, and I don't like it.


  4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Darkwater

    Kasoze (01-23-2019), Mark-II (01-21-2019)

  5. #4
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,833
    Honestly if you do not understand, or have the mechanical ability. Take it to someone that does. If you took it apart 8 times, clearly something you are not grasping, or noticing. But have you tried it without the mainspring in to see if the hammer moves freely? Do you got the adjustment screws backed off on the trigger?
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  6. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

    Kasoze (01-23-2019)

  7. #5
    Senior Member Mark-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    5,670
    Not much to add to the above other than to go slow and remember - if you need to hit it, you're doing it wrong.

    Walk away if it gets frustrating and come back to it later.

    I been there..
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

  8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

    Kasoze (01-23-2019), Run 'n' Gun (01-21-2019)

  9. #6
    Senior Member Run 'n' Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    2,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Not much to add to the above other than to go slow and remember - if you need to hit it, you're doing it wrong.

    Walk away if it gets frustrating and come back to it later.

    I been there..
    And under no circumstances should there ever be a Dremel tool in close proximity to a gun, of any kind. Ever.
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

  10. The Following User Liked This Post By Run 'n' Gun

    Kasoze (01-23-2019)

  11. #7
    Moderator kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Run 'n' Gun View Post
    And under no circumstances should there ever be a Dremel tool in close proximity to a gun, of any kind. Ever.
    Unless it’s an SKS or a Parker Hale that needs a bunch of room added to the magazine well so you can replace the missing magazine/floorplate with parts from a Nazi marked WWII production K98 Mauser......I hope.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,318
    A friend who is big into S&W firearms said LEAVE IT ALONE, its a cheap gun and no reason to mess with it!!!!!

  13. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    First question: Does it function if you put the old parts back into it?
    Hi Darkwater, it does not work with the original hammer back in.

  14. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    From watching the video, and checking some stuff you may have a hammer strut/mainspring misalignment. That's the metal leg on the hammer, and the spring & plunger that presses against it. Not trying to be insulting, just trying to explain. That's a take it apart, and watch it go back together fix.

    It may be binding on something. Watch the function carefully. This is your first dance with this stuff. Don't go messing with the pistol trying to make it fit. Don't go messing with the hammer/sear engagement.

    Don't be afraid to email tandemkross and ask for advice. Don't be afraid to go to a gunsmith. Just a word that gunsmiths aren't always super-fast. There's a million and 3 different firearms, and no one can stock all parts for everything.

    Also don't be afraid to go back to the old hammer, if that's the one that works. If she won't work, then she's not much good to you. You can try to solve the issue without turning your Victory into a paperweight. Sometimes manufacturers make little changes between runs, and it's not super clear which version you have without checking serial numbers. This hammer simply may not work in this range of serial numbers, or even this specific pistol.

    At the end of the day this is all guess-work on my part. I don't own a Victory, I've never tried to install a part in one.

    I hope you get it sorted.

    Congratulations, you've dragged a long-time silent lurker out of their lurking hole. It's bright out here, and I don't like it.

    Thanks!! I watched and re-watched the videos many times. I am taking a break for a week so I can get my mind off it, and come at it with a "fresh set of eyes"

    I've reached out to a few gunsmiths in my area and all seems to have really bad reviews (Toronto, Ontario). But I will definitely try your suggestion. I'm 100% lost right now so any suggested help is much appreciated. No offence taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •