Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    www.aztecharmory.ca
    Hey guys... first, to answer the OP's question. The MR918 is not on the FRT yet. We don't deal with Shadow Systems now, but I'll reach out to them and see if they are interested in working with us.

To clarify the further discussion... The MR918 is a production gun made by Shadow systems. Shadow does do custom Glocks though and they are expensive as noted.

I'm not intimately familiar with the MR918, but I think it is essentially based on the Poly 80 frame design, much like the Faxon FX-19 and Zev O.Z-9. Coincidently, we are working with both Faxon and Zev to have these guns added to the FRT.

In any case, all three of these guns are built on polymer frames with a more tradition grip angle compared to a Glock. The Zev and Faxon guns have interchangeable backstraps to change the size of the grip, but the MR918 is unique in that it has panels that change the grip angle. So, if you like the feel of the Glock you can have it with that gun which is pretty cool.

That said, all three of these guns are built in house using their own internals, and uppers. It is true that all the those internals are based on Glock patterns, but none of these guns are Glocks.

Which one, if any, will be the newest greatest pistol? Who knows, but both the Zev and Faxon guns are very well made pieces and promise to be strong contenders in the polymer handgun game. And I'm sure, knowing what Shadow Systems does to Glocks, the MR918 will gain a strong following too, if for no other reason than the adjustable grip angle.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Marshall

LB303 (02-08-2019), Sinasta (03-01-2019)

Did you hear back from them if they'll work with you guys?

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Did you hear back from them if they'll work with you guys?
    I talked to a sales rep and he said they would likely be interested. He said he was going to talk to management and let me know, but have not heard back yet. I'll follow up again now.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12