Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bantario
    Posts
    2,991
    I just rent the chainsaw I need. If I have a baby tree I try to get away with a friend's "pull-an" (poulan) or my 20v Mastercraft sawzall. If it's a serious piece of timber, I go rent the saw I really need. My lumber is basically firepit wood only, although I am growing an interest in my own personal mill... I can barely justify the $1400 tamper I have in my garage, let alone a saw I use once or twice a year.

  2. #22
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,958
    If I need a chainsaw I know where one is.

    I started to prune the branches that close line me, while mowing. But 2 batteries did my property.

    I wonder if it's too late to prune my apple tree?
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Just left of Sask.
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    If I need a chainsaw I know where one is.

    I started to prune the branches that close line me, while mowing. But 2 batteries did my property.

    I wonder if it's too late to prune my apple tree?

    2 years ago I got tons of apples from my tree, last year I pruned the sappers at about this time of year and I got 0 apples. Not even one flower in the spring.
    Some sites I looked on say you can prune in the spring and summer if you must, but it didn’t seem to work for me.
    YMMV
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

  4. #24
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    2 years ago I got tons of apples from my tree, last year I pruned the sappers at about this time of year and I got 0 apples. Not even one flower in the spring.
    Some sites I looked on say you can prune in the spring and summer if you must, but it didn’t seem to work for me.
    YMMV
    Well my apple tree is just out of control and tall. But I didn't get any apples last year. Due to frost.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Just left of Sask.
    Posts
    1,633
    Here’s hoping we both have a great and plentiful apple harvest this year. I’m all out of jam.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

  6. #26
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Here’s hoping we both have a great and plentiful apple harvest this year. I’m all out of jam.
    Yeah I want some Apple pies. The apples that I did harvest were excellent.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •