Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have always preferred a face to face meeting to really sort things out.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    But then they end up bringing a gun. That is what happened with a cousin. He stepped out of his truck to confront someone harassing him and the guy shot and killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    You can file a report with the RC's, but don't expect much to happen over it because he hasn't directly threatened you. Then again, you might get a cop who might make a phone call. Who knows. At least it'll be on record. Don't bother responding to any of the emails in any way. That'll only encourage the idiot.
    Yeah I'm not going to respond to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    No actual threat has been made. He actually has to threaten death or bodily harm before they will act. But by creating a file you are starting it in case something happens. you are showing this was on ongoing thing that you were concerned about and that you feared for your safety. Then if he does actually show up at your place, the police are more inclined to take his sudden arrival at your house seriously.
    Thanks. Yeah that's sort of what I figured. It seems like he is trying to threaten me without actually running afoul of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Report and (of course) apply for an atc
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. If only they'd give me one.

Quote Originally Posted by DasMauser View Post
    As said above, file a complaint, have something on the record. I like the ATC idea. Haha.

On very rare occasions will the idiots that broadcast that "they're coming to get you" ever actually do anything, usually just passive twats with no balls that send msgs like that to remind you that they're still grumpy about that one time.

Could always knock on his door to see what his problem is, bet he'd turn white as a ghost and be very apologetic
    Yeah he is probably just still butthurt that he coudn't f*ck me over; but its been two years, you'd think he'd be over it, but it appears his butthurt is strong enough that he may do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I don't think they will do eff all.. Before I moved, I was threatened, and they would cause harm.. The police did nothing..

CGN someone told me to put a gun to my head and end my life. CGN wouldn't give out the info. That idiot is still floating there, didn't even get banned.
    Well f*ck that guy. Glad you didn't take his advice. There is no cheers emoticon so you get a bacon flag salute instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    I am definitely not going to escalate the situation.

Thanks guys. I think I will file a police report so that there is something on file, in case he decides to escalate things.

You’ve gotten sound advice; good for you if you take it. He hasn’t met the threshold for uttering threats....yet...whether he will or not, only he knows. Some will give up when they get no response, others will get even more upset, feeling they’re “being ignored”. Either way, call it in, report it, and ask for a file number for reference in future. If you can’t get a file number, they have NOT recorded the conversation/complaint. If your in an area where the RCMP have primary jurisdiction, this can be especially important since some detachment commanders prefer not to “clutter” their active files with “inquiries “ (technically there has not been a crime committed, and you don’t meet the threshold for a “complaint”). Make sure you explain your concerns, which DO support a complaint being recorded and a file assigned. That likely won’t be an issue somewhere that have their own Police Dept., but it doesn’t hurt to confirm, and get the file number.

Good luck. Those things can go south in a hurry, and in surprising ways. I had a very similar situation 8-10 years ago, with a fraudulent gun sale. He wasn’t a very smart crook, provided enough legit information for him to be charged and eventually convicted. Then, his “brilliance” really surfaced, and I got a series of rather vague threats, similar to what you’ve gotten. Although in and unto themselves they weren’t enough to lay charges, in totality and considering past history, they were enough for him to get a visit from Police, who explained in great detail exactly where he was going to end up if he continued

tinfoil hat.jpg make one of those and everything will be alright.
    " If you dont like it, learn to love it , wooooooooooo "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12