Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

original Nintendo

I'm cleaning some stuff out and am stumped on what to do with an old nintendo entertainment system.
    The hoarder in me wants to keep it for the once every 2 years I plug it in.
    Are they worth anything in well used, no box condition?
    Also have some of the lamer games ever made with no boxes.
    I'm not about to throw it out, but I have no idea if it's worth the hassle of a kijiji ad.
    Anyone have any insight?
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

The price has come down on them a lot. But usually a working condition NES with some of the not popular games is $100-$150 depending on how many games you have and what accessories you might have.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

infidel29 (02-02-2019)

RobertMcC
    Keep it.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Doug_M (01-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I'm cleaning some stuff out and am stumped on what to do with an old nintendo entertainment system.
    The hoarder in me wants to keep it for the once every 2 years I plug it in.
    Are they worth anything in well used, no box condition?
    Also have some of the lamer games ever made with no boxes.
    I'm not about to throw it out, but I have no idea if it's worth the hassle of a kijiji ad.
    Anyone have any insight?
    Google your games, some of them are ultra rare and very collectable.

I'd keep the old NES, box it up, pull it out in 25 years, see what it's worth.

Sent from my Pixel 5 XXX-L using Tapatalk

I had one, and gave it to my Father-In-Law for him to use. When he went into a palliative care home, before he passed away, someone took it. I had told him, and my MIL, that when he was done with it, I wanted it back. I had some great games too... I'm pissed over it...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; For you are crunchy. And good with Mustard!

"A new broom sweeps clean, but only a battle-trowel can hide the bodies" - Foxer describing Blacksmithden

CCFR, CSSA & NRA Member...
    Frontenac Rifle & Pistol Club

They're worth something in the box to collectors as far as using you probably need an analog TV.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    They're worth something in the box to collectors as far as using you probably need an analog TV.
    Nope. Only need an analog TV. If you want to play duck hunt, or use the zapper.

I still have mine. I keep it at the summer cottage for rain days. My 52 pin connector is shot (I think it is called a 52 pin connector) so I had to carefully put in my favorite game and play around with it for a good while until it would work properly. So Super Mario Brothers Three is the only game I use now, I do have a bunch of other games though.

I have seen them sell on Kijiji to vintage video gamer's, usually local market determines the price on electronic items like this.

If it is working, has the controllers, power supply, video cable etc it can be worth ~$40 to $100. With games ~$100 - $150.

If you have kids who've never played it (or are going to have kids) keep it. They may really like it. My son (almost 13) love's playing cartridge games on an old Atari computer I have. Galaxian is his favourite. You never know.
    Pew pew pew

RobertMcC
    I mean I enjoy hauling mine out and playing it for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast