BCL102 - Optic recommendation?

Hi All,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot. Recently joined the BCL 102 crowd. In prep for spring and its first outing i'm in the market for an optic/mount for it. I know absolutely nothing about optics except that you get what you pay for when it comes to glass so i'd like to keep it to no more than $1000 all in. She is going to be a range queen as i do not hunt and have no desire to. Longest range I have available to me currently is 300m, but someday if i can ever find a spot here in SWO i'd love to push it out a bit further and see how i'd fare.

Thanks for any and all info/suggestions,
    Jordan

For what you’re suggesting, I’d probably look for a name brand scope in the $500-$600 range. 3-9x, 4-12x, somewhere around there for magnification. Avoid over-cluttered reticles, you probably won’t use most of the claimed features on them anyway. A couple hash marks for drop are nice if you’re reaching out there, or a simple mil dot if you want something more than a basic crosshair. Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell Elite, Vortex should all have suitable scopes in that price range.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

jfriedrich19 (02-04-2019)

Thanks kennymo! This helps immensely as to how and where to focus my optic search.

For my 102 I went with a Vortex Strikefire II and a Bushnell Ar 308 4.5-18x40 on a QD mount. Only takes seconds to change and pretty much covers me for most all hunting situations!

Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical Rifle Scope 6-24x50 FFP, EBR-2C, 30mm Tube, Tactical Turrets, MRAD, DBK-10029

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/vortex...dbk-10029.html

Capture.JPG
    University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address - Admiral William H. McRaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70

7. The Following User Liked This Post By VooDoo

jfriedrich19 (02-23-2019)