Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zorex semi-auto handgun locks

I stumbled upon these handgun locks today, pretty cool technology. VERY expensive for a handgun lock mind you, but if you wanted to have one handy for home defense this would be a nice option for hastening the path to "ready to engage"

https://www.zore.life/zore-x-core/

"The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

Fonzy (02-06-2019)

It seems I stumbled into a rat hole I didn't know existed.

Here's an entirely different option that is bio-metric in functionality.

https://getidentilock.com/
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

Waterloomike (02-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    It seems I stumbled into a rat hole I didn't know existed.

Here's an entirely different option that is bio-metric in functionality.

https://getidentilock.com/
    For anyone interested in these, I did purchase one for my S&W M&P .40 and am very impressed with how well it works. With very little practice I am able to get the trigger lock off in one single motion while picking up the gun, quickly slap in a mag and be ready to engage. Having the gun with this trigger lock next to my bed in a small biometric safe does provide a very quick, seamless (and legally stored) response from laying in bed to locked & loaded and ready to defend.

With the biometric functionality you also have the ability to have multiple finger prints programmed.

That said, they are very expensive for what is otherwise just a trigger lock for Canadians. I enjoy trying new technology like this so the price did not bother me, but everyone's mileage will vary. As well, although I live in a nice middle class neighborhood, violent home invasions and break-ins are quite common, so there certainly is a practical application underlying it all. But a decidedly pricey one nevertheless.

-- Frank Zappa

That thread misses the mark on possible usage in Canada, which was my point. If one wants quick access to a properly stored handgun, and want to remain legal, one needs to get creative with these sorts of options.

-- Frank Zappa

according to our CFO and their literature, handguns have to be behind 2 locks, cabinet/case, and trigger

although I found this on RCMP site for displaying

"Attach secure locking devices to the firearms; and
    Securely attach them to something that cannot be moved. "

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    according to our CFO and their literature, handguns have to be behind 2 locks, cabinet/case, and trigger

although I found this on RCMP site for displaying

"Attach secure locking devices to the firearms; and
    Securely attach them to something that cannot be moved. "
    That latter quote I have not seen before. I understood handguns to be trigger and case/safe locked...the "2 locks" as you mentioned. This is the setup I mentioned above; a small biometric 2-gun safe and then inside that the M&P with the gun identilock biometric.

So it's 2 thumb swipes to get the gun at the ready, 1 for the bedside safe and 1 for the trigger lock. It's quite fast, and also quite seamless in the dark which is handy.

-- Frank Zappa

it was the "display" aspect I was wondering about, a biometric locking device attached to a wall might cover those requirements

[QUOTE=Soph;697848]That latter quote I have not seen before. I understood handguns to be trigger and case/safe locked...the "2 locks" as you mentioned. This is the setup I mentioned above; a small biometric 2-gun safe and then inside that the M&P with the gun identilock biometric.

So it's 2 thumb swipes to get the gun at the ready, 1 for the bedside safe and 1 for the trigger lock. It's quite fast, and also quite seamless in the dark which is handy.[/QUOTE

Sweet setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    it was the "display" aspect I was wondering about, a biometric locking device attached to a wall might cover those requirements
    As long as that unit can mount securely to the wall, I think you would be good to go. And that would look sick! Man you guys are giving me way too many ideas. Lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast