Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Stirs from a comatose state....Actually replacing in the broken part makes far more sense than sending the whole gun somewhere.

A quick check on Google shows Mossberg has a Canadian customer service email

servicecanada@mossberg.com

I'd be sending them an email with a picture of the broken part and asking if they would send you a replacement part. Installation should be very simple
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

Rory McCanuck (02-10-2019), Stew (02-09-2019)

Mtlgun,
    Yeah, I've heard that they have some shall we say... bad aspects. (Long wait times, questionable repair quality, etc...)

There is another authorized repair place from what I've read (Murray Charlton Enterprises Ltd. in BC) but does it have the same kind of reputation? Could I even send there or do I have to send it to the nearest one? (I know it'd likely mean a longer wait time to send it to BC, but I'd be fine with that if I knew the workmanship was top notch.)

Grech is slow. I've still not had a chance to test their handiwork, since I don't shoot outdoors in the cold.

Not impressed that I had to pay $80 to ship (insured) a new rifle with a factory defect to some third party.

I'd also say get/buy the part. Personally I wouldn't even fix it, though I shoot on the range where the gun is either being fired, or is unloaded. I've no use for safties.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

R&R Rancher (02-10-2019)

A thread on the other site says Murray Charlton is closing soon and everything is being transferred to Grech which means you've got no choice in the matter. Might not be 100% their fault, but, poor communications and inaccurate info are. Alot of warranty centers receive zero parts from the factory for inventory. They can only order the exact thing they need when a gun comes in, thus it takes 6 month instead of 6 minutes to fix an issue like this. gl

Just to update this...

Murray Charlton did indeed close down and all of their Smith & Wesson warranty work was picked up by Grech. Literal truckloads of guns, from what I was told, were sent to Grech. (They're likely just now getting to the point where they can even begin seeing what they need to do.) So they're pretty backed up with warranty work.

I ended up just buying the part from Numrich (cost more to ship the part here than to buy it...) and took it to a gunsmith to get fixed. They slid the new part in very quickly (it was like 7 minutes they had it installed). Though this is where things got interesting... the safety still wasn't working properly. It wouldn't go all the way back to safe. So upon even further examination it looked like the safety connector (part 65 on the diagram at Numrich: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...s-list-mos-500) was actually too long and was preventing the safety from moving like it should have when the whole trigger assembly was in place with the pushpin. A couple passes with a file and it was solved.

So it looks like the safety connector was too long from the factory and may have lead to the safety block fetching up and snapping.

Though at this point it's been repaired, everything works fine now and I've had a chance to test it at the range to be certain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123