Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I signed up for some memberships today

So I may have gotten carried away. I went to renew my CSSA membership which I've been meaning to do for a little while and after doing that I thought well I should look at the CCFR's site. Well that led to me signing up and getting the legal defence insurance which I've also been meaning to do for a while. Then I thought I should look at the NFA's site and see what they are up to now as I was a member before the last meltdown and never renewed. It was only $35 to sign up with no insurance so I figured well I might as well do it and see what going on there again, worst case scenario I remember liking their magazine so I guess we will see if they are worth keeping beyond this year.

What's been going on with all of the orgs lately? I get the CSSA updates still so it seems like they have been working on a few things here and there.

CCFR seems to be pretty active in the media and doing interviews helping to turn public opinion which I like.

NFA I think has been active at the UN battling on that front which is a fight worth having.

Am I missing anything big?
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

You seemed to have everything summed up that I know of.
    I need to do the same
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Conservative Party of Canada ?

In all seriousness , unless people start speaking out publicly at every opportunity .........we are lost

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Conservative Party of Canada ?
    Already a member
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    In all seriousness , unless people start speaking out publicly at every opportunity .........we are lost
    speak up and push back,, never pass a fault

the left has for too long owned the stage,, time to act up,, shout them DOWN as they do to us, we need to do to them
    CSSA

GOC.
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 03-25-2019 at 03:00 PM.

The Liberal party and rot them out from the inside.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

CCFR has been making a lot of noise, but I’m not sure if they’ve accomplished anything that organized lobbying couldn’t do. I’m not saying I could have done better, but it seems like a lot of money. Their original aim was to be non-partisan so they would be invited to the table of any party, but that theory in practice hasn’t netted anything tangible. May as well be biased.

The CSSA’s efforts to create a simplified classification system (that the Cons have promised to implement) is potentially the biggest win/effect for gun owners.
    I have no signature block.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

awndray (04-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    CCFR has been making a lot of noise, but I’m not sure if they’ve accomplished anything that organized lobbying couldn’t do. I’m not saying I could have done better, but it seems like a lot of money. Their original aim was to be non-partisan so they would be invited to the table of any party, but that theory in practice hasn’t netted anything tangible. May as well be biased.

The CSSA’s efforts to create a simplified classification system (that the Cons have promised to implement) is potentially the biggest win/effect for gun owners.
    Hard to be non partisan when dealing with diametrically opposed Totalitarian Liberal scum CSers.
    (-I tried to only say "Liberals" but it was just too hard)
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast