Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Next time I think I'll just use half a bulb of garlic. The kitchen still has a strong smell of garlic in it this morning. Time for some fans. But its -22 outside.
    Ha, I was thinking that I'd like to try your recipe next weekend but that I'd halve the garlic.

Edit, I guess there's not a whole lot of reason to dunk the chicken if the bag is big enough to fill and shake it all around, is there?

Sent from my Pixel 5 XXX-L using Tapatalk

Nice, this will be on deck for next weekend! Thanks for posting, we tend to get stuck in a rut with always prepping our favourite meals....

My elderly parents still maintain garlic beds at their overgrown orchard. I don’t where he got the Russian strain from but the stuff is crazy and we love it. The wife and I love spicy and garlic but many years ago when they gave us the first batch, the wife made a batch of spaghetti sauce with our standard recipe as much as we tried you couldn’t eat it the garlic was so incredibly overpowering. We’ve adapted nicely to that nuclear garlic.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    Nice, this will be on deck for next weekend! Thanks for posting, we tend to get stuck in a rut with always prepping our favourite meals....

My elderly parents still maintain garlic beds at their overgrown orchard. I donít where he got the Russian strain from but the stuff is crazy and we love it. The wife and I love spicy and garlic but many years ago when they gave us the first batch, the wife made a batch of spaghetti sauce with our standard recipe as much as we tried you couldnít eat it the garlic was so incredibly overpowering. Weíve adapted nicely to that nuclear garlic.....
    Chernobyl?

Why I dip it in the sauce before working it around in the bag is if you have 1 sharp bone in the chicken pieces you'll have holes in the bay. I work it around gently in the bag. I use those ziplock freezer bags too because they are thicker.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

1 whole bulb of garlic isn't that much. There are French garlic chicken recipes that call for 40 cloves of garlic. That's about 10 heads of garlic.
    Have a beef stew recipe that has a whole bulb of garlic. You can't taste the garlic.
    "...Ketchup and coleslaw dressing is..." Mostly sugar.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Justice

FALover (02-17-2019), PatrickR (02-17-2019)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    1 whole bulb of garlic isn't that much. There are French garlic chicken recipes that call for 40 cloves of garlic. That's about 10 heads of garlic.
    Have a beef stew recipe that has a whole bulb of garlic. You can't taste the garlic.
    "...Ketchup and coleslaw dressing is..." Mostly sugar.
    The classic french recipe stuffs the space between the skin and the meat with garlic cloves, before cooking it looks absolutely mutant. After roasting you spread the baked cloves on fresh baguette, as an appetizer, it is pure heaven. The chicken meat has then taken on a very subtle garlic flavor, again it is wonderful. It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort.......especially for a "special" person if they love garlic.

Hey, I love garlic, who you calling 'special'?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12