Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickR View Post
    And that is why they kill so many each year by malpractice.
    Doesnt matter. General public is unaware and trusts drs anyway.
    Luckily drs have contacted ccfr to refute the drs for gun control. On ethical and data fronts.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Yogi05

manic29 (02-13-2019), RangeBob (02-12-2019), tdod101 (02-13-2019), TheMerlin (02-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Of course Wendy is behind it. It has her greasy fingerprints all over it. Appeal to authority, appeal to emotion, claiming to represent a whole class when there are only actually two people involved, sudden media campaign.
    How can anyone believe this new movement is an organic start up. Hardly anything is anymore.

Rod Giltaca, CCFR
    3 minutes

from CGNer Got Juice:

I knew a fella once that worked in a trauma unit ER in the USA. Many years ago we were chatting over drinks in Leavenworth WA, and I put a question to him. At the time, I did not have a PAL, or own a single firearm.

The question was this: you are a qualified emergency trauma surgeon. given the choice, would you rather try to fix a person who was stabbed? Or a person who was shot?

He replied " give me a nice clean Gunshot every time." This really perplexed me. I was in a group that was 90% American, all of them had CCW/OC, and here is me. The lone peace loving, non gun owning Canadian asking a question like this>?

He went on to explain. shot in the head 25% chance of survival, same for the knife. No advantage either way, pure luck to save either victim. chest area: knife vs gun favors the bullet. It can go through bone easier than a knife. but a screwdriver or ice pick renders the point moot. As for survivability, as long as the medical attention is swift, and the heart is not pierced, and the victim is healthy? 50% Survival rate.

Now here is where it got really interesting. Gut Wound. He said "I really prefer bullet wounds from a handgun." not much expansion, you have straight paths in which to sew up punctures, and your internals are pretty much ok. BUT with a knife we are well and thoroughly in trouble. Imagine cutting through your intestines. what a loopy mess that is to TRY to find out where all the cut ends go together. Plus the gut bacteria itself is toxic if it enters the bloodstream, and all that is best case scenario.
    Shot in the gut with a gun, survival rate is above 60%, if a knife was used... more like 20%.

So overall his take on the matter was knife woundings are less survivable than gunshot wounds as a general rule. And even if not immediately fatal, stabbings cause a lot more long term issues than a bullet wound.

To say that was an eye opener is an understatement.

This was a chance conversation. Old medic, survived the horrors of Vietnam, and when he came back, he missed the adrenaline so he worked in major ER Centers just for the pace of the work. But yeah, his take on it was really something to listen to. I have sanitized the recounting because some of the things he saw, and had to do were gag reflux inducing.

In confidence he told me Canadians are savages. With all the stabbings etc, he just shook his head and said 'Give me a nice clean entrance wound with a bullet any day over a stabbing... knives do so much damage, and they CUT so many arteries and blood vessels, it's a losing battle between blood loss and contamination, and stiching vitals back together.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

joe6167 (Today)

Rod Giltaca, CCFR
    11 minutes

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Adam X (02-14-2019), Doug_M (02-14-2019), TheMerlin (02-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlas View Post
    How can anyone believe this new movement is an organic start up. Hardly anything is anymore.
    They are spewing cgc and poly talking points to the letter.
    And again, there are connections between cukier and these doctors.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Yogi05

Doug_M (02-14-2019), joe6167 (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlas View Post
    According to the original post article, the group is composed of
    College of Family Physicians of Canada.
    Canadian Association of General Surgeons.
    Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians.
    Canadian Paediatric Society.
    Ontario Medical Association.
    Alberta Medical Association.
    Trauma Association of Canada.

I have a list of "Endorsers of the position of the coalition for gun control as of july 2012.
    which includes
    Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians
    Trauma Association of Canada

In confidence he told me Canadians are savages
    hahahahahaha
    "There are five boxes to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in that order."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234