Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    338 seats in the House. 169 required for a majority.
    If the Conservatives get 166 seats, and the PPC get 3 seats,
    what would happen?
    Coalition with the Greens...

Quote Originally Posted by spider69 View Post
    So,according to that,as it stands now,CPC would have a minority government until the first non-confidence vote which would take.....what.....a week maybe?
    Forcing an election that soon has been known to backfire.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

Neil Burke (06-11-2019)

I think those numbers are just going to turn more in more in the Con's favour between now and the election.

The Greens keep chipping away at Liberal numbers, and I am convinced that Trudeau is going to fail the debates miserably.

As the National Post has already covered, what is Trudeau supposed to do, say that Sheer only cares about big business? Sheer is a normal guy whereas Trudeau has a trust fund and a $2,000,000 Mercedes.

Trudeau has been babbling non-answers in the house of commons for years, but that won't stand at debates. Sheer and May are much better speakers than Trudeau, and they'll crush him.

Even better, all of the lines that Trudeau will try to fall back on (diversity, virtue signalling, etc) are all very grating to Canadians who now see through it.

I'm predicting not only a Con majority, but a convincing one with Greens in opposition.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I usually like minority government situations since they usually force the government to do little or nothing (which is usually the best thing for all of us). This time, we need to get our Trudeau-sabotaged energy sector up and moving again.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Neil Burke (06-11-2019), shortandlong (06-11-2019), spider69 (06-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    338 seats in the House. 169 required for a majority.
    If the Conservatives get 166 seats, and the PPC get 3 seats,
    what would happen?
    Bernier demands that he be annointed PM, and when told it doesn't work that way, he storms off in a huff.
    Forms his own parliament, draws up a new flag, and says that everbody gets free milk and cheese.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Gunexpert007 (06-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Bernier demands that he be anointed PM, and when told it doesn't work that way, he storms off in a huff.
    Forms his own parliament, draws up a new flag, and says that everybody gets free milk and cheese.
    When I made that post I almost said that the PPC would support the Conservatives in a confidence motion.
    But then I got to wondering, which does Bernier hate more : Liberals (long time disapproval) or Scheer (defeat then betrayal) ? And I really didn't know.

I suspect Bernier would support the confidence motion, in return for a government bill to end Supply Management.
    I suspect Scheer would then get on the phone to the Bloc asking if they have a better offer.

I don’t think that Bernier is irrational at all. Power hungry, yes, but not dumb.

He got that way by feeling that the CPC sold out their morals, which is not exactly inaccurate.

Yes he threw a tantrum, and yes he stormed out like a child, but those are actually not irrational things to do when presented with such a betrayal by something you have invested in for so long.

I don’t think he’ll ever have enough power in a hypothetical “tie” scenario to ever demand the end of supply management, but property rights perhaps if the CPC doesn’t propose it first.

I don’t think this scenario is likely, though, but we are in a bizarre place where three minor or independent MPs win, including Bernier, JWR, and Philpott.

If those three win in a close minority government (much more likely than the PPC winning multiple seats), then we’d be in for some drama.

For the PPC to win any more seats than Bernier, they’d have to recruit superstar politicians like MacKay or celebrities like Jordan Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Yes he threw a tantrum, and yes he stormed out like a child, but those are actually not irrational things to do when presented with such a betrayal by something you have invested in for so long.
    The first half of that sentence doesn't reconcile with the second half. He lost so he took his ball and went home. This is precisely the type of behaviour we teach our son not to display when playing any sort of win/lose game, you know, like Monopoly.
    Make the Afghanistan War Memorial publicly accessible https://afghanistanwarmemorial.ca/
    https://lavscam.info

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    For the PPC to win any more seats than Bernier, they’d have to recruit superstar politicians like MacKay or celebrities like Jordan Peterson.
    Which is why so many have been saying not to vote PPC this election cycle.

For a “libertarian” philosophy party, it’s very driven top down. Will that be fixed in a post election convention? Maybe, maybe not.

PPC is trying to go into the election with the army they have. So is the rest of the nation. Right now, it seems the two aren’t aligned on mission.

Strategically, the PPC would be acting as more of a Liberal ally than a PC ally on the election field. Afterwards, maybe different. But for now, it appears to be flanking or pinching movement on the CPC. And those don’t seem to work well for the ones in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    The first half of that sentence doesn't reconcile with the second half. He lost so he took his ball and went home. This is precisely the type of behaviour we teach our son not to display when playing any sort of win/lose game, you know, like Monopoly.
    I don't think it's unreasonable. He joined a party that was supposed to stand for something, and that party is turning away from its morals.

It would be like a new CDS being chosen, and that CDS decides to do things that seem entirely counter-productive for what the military is supposed to do.

Whatever the hypothetical "things" would be (attacking friends, joining ISIS, whatever), it doesn't matter, just against what I thought I stood for.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone in that situation to take a stand and try to somehow start a new organization that stands for the values the original organization was supposed to stand for.

That said, I haven't seen Bernier do much in the last couple months other than make Facebook posts that disagree with everything that Sheer and Trudeau say/do.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 06-12-2019 at 08:23 AM.