Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Beer-drinking random internet person says go for it. You will almost certainly not get caught, and if you do break some law you can always say the internet told you it was ok.

Please note that if the parts originated in the US they will forever be subject to ITAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Please note that if the parts originated in the US they will forever be subject to ITAR.
    Depending on the upcoming ITAR revisions, it may fall under State, Commerce, or nothing at all. But nothing has been done yet, I believe.

Anything exiting the country must have a Declaration of Contents form on it.

I think that what most people are trying to say is this:

1. If you mean ship the parts to your own address in Canada while in the USA (or ship parts out of the USA): probably a major violation of exporting them OUT of the USA because of ITAR likely. (not always, but... a good rule of thumb)

2. If you mean ship parts from Canada to the USA: why? Parts are easier to get and cheaper there. Send your friend a gift card or online purchase redemption code to Brownells, Midway or something.

3. If you mean from Canada to another country: the country it is going to could seize them. Some countries require special import licenses, some don't allow direct shipments to gun owners...

In summation: not knowing the laws that apply will likely be painful. However, unless there just happens to be an actual Import/Export expert on GOC, you need to do some research... or accept the pain.

Friend is from Georgia. Don’t know how the gun laws work there. But getting good quality ‘made in America’ AR parts is either too expensive or too difficult.
    Buying from US is a little cheaper option, but much more pain in the a**.
    And I am not sending him the prohibited items anyways 😂

That would be cool if they revise their ITAR rules
    Last edited by Jason Beck; 03-08-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Guys, obviously I am not buying in Canada and shipping to US.
    I asked Brownells about ITAR, they said ITAR exemptes gun component parts sub 500USD range so I think I will be cool with that.
    At his end in his country, he says parts will reach him just fine.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    $500.00 is the limit that they can export to you without you needing an import permit.. Also, unless the manufacture has a permit to export, Brownells (or others) still cant ship their goods out of the US. That is why some items although identical to others are not sold here. Now, if you read the Brownells (or others) end user certificate, you will find that by law, you can be held liable for any issues with sending your purchase to a third party . By doing so you are in effect a straw purchaser. It may seem to be a minor issue to many of us but the Americans have that law to help prevent parts and tech from going to places they deem a threat to them. I would be the first to say go for it but I would also let you know it is still not permitted by US law. Ask Brownells if Georgia is approved for export. If yes, all is good, if no, well I would imagine you might know where that would lead.

https://www.brownells.com/UserDocs/M...rStatement.pdf

Statement by the End User: We certify that all the facts contained in this statement are true and correct to the best of our knowledge and belief and we are not aware of any additional facts which are inconsistent with the above statement. We shall promptly send a supplemental statement to the exporter disclosing any changes of facts or intentions set forth in this statement which occurs after the statement has been prepared and forwarded. We will not re-export, resell of any commodities listed above, to any country not approved for export and to any person if there is reason to believe that it will result directly or indirectly, in disposition of the commodities contrary to the representation made in this statement END USER(Signature in ink) .................................................. ............. (Seal) Signature of official of End User.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

Then I rather not send him the parts and instead excuse him.

"...ITAR exempts gun component parts sub 500USD..." That's exporting from the U.S. to here. In any case, AR parts are restricted for export regardless of the value. There's a list of what firearms are restricted for export on-line some place. Forget where(used to be on Gunparts' site), unless you actually read the ITAR law.
    Then you get to comply with Canadian laws.

There's parts I couldn't get up here and imported them into Canada from the US, was not on the ITAR list Beretta USA doesn't have export license so I had a family member ship it to me. Included a photo copy of my RPAL contacted DDTC via email on what was going on and parts to my door in 10days. Usually if the company you are ordering from has an export license they will tell you what part falls under ITAR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast